23 April 2013

everything.

friday was a rare treat--i got to spend the evening with my girlcrush taylor swift (and twenty thousand middle school girls) in atlanta, courtesy of the ununcle. right about when we realized that this particular fan demographic has the gift of sustained shrieking at decibels that endanger your ears, i yelled to loren in my best ironic voice: have i ever mentioned you're my favorite relative? he didn't hear me.

now i know y'all are going to tell me how t.swift is pitch-challenged and flighty and whatnot, and maybe so. (i'm sorry, taylor. i love you forever.) but ALSO she is hilarious and adorable and everything i loved about high school, and that's pretty much all i require in a rock star.


tswift atlanta


it was different this time, traipsing in and out of the hartsfield-jackson airport knowing that, if God continues to lead and provide, we're jetting out of that place in three skinny months. i spent the whole time scanning the layout and cataloguing travel skills to rehearse with the small folk: airplane etiquette, TSA checkpoints, immigration, Sticking With Your Parents in Crowded Terminals.

also, thank you friends, for your steadying encouragement last week. i should have been clearer--while our homeschooling dynamics are far from sparkly, my prayer for hope was in regard to something else entirely. my dad had a health issue with potentially grave implications, and it was one of those weeks where you're stripped down to just having God, and you know for sure that it's enough. we have Him, and He keeps us, and the whole thing sings of redemption.


16mar2



and he's checked out okay, my dad. i'm not sure exactly (or at all) why we are spared some sorrows and not others, but i know that it all shakes out beautiful because we have a God who's bled a way back to Him. and that's not just enough, it's everything.

9 comments:

Karen Siddiqi said...

How fun! Btw, if you're ever in this area again and would need or like a place to stay, my home is your home! We are blessed with lots of extra space and tend to be the neat-n-tidy and bleachy clean type :D. I know i'm a "virtual" friend-ish but the offer stands! As does a dinner on my dime to meet your amazingness in person and support all the good you do...by writing uplifting words and doing amazing things in the world and raising up a new generation of Godly goodness.

Jennifer Shults said...

This post makes me giggle, you know because as I sit here supervising 8 giggly middle school girls as they paint the sets for the end of the year production... you know who is blaring through the speakers? ;)

3 MONTHS? Seriously where have I been. I can't believe the time is getting so close. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling. But I can't wait to see where your journey takes you. :)

JoAnn Hallum said...

Ugh. Taylor Swift. You are probably the only person who can make a concert like that sound MAGICAL.

Brandee Shafer said...

Praising God about your dad. xo

Galatians 6:9 said...

I heart T-Swift too. Haters gonna hate.

lulu said...

so good hearing from you, and so good hearing your dad has checked out ok.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

You? Taylor Swift? You are a secret storehouse of unlikely/hilarious/amazing. I like learning more about you.

And I love TS.

Farmgirl Paints said...

good morning friend. there's no denying miss swift is talented. i'm honestly amazed by her and at her tender age. that's a lot of pressure. don't think i could hack it.

i haven't forgotten you. i'll be calling soon. still can't believe i heard your voice. just love you!

Katarina said...

It's great to hear that you had a blast at the concert and hope your dad is feeling much better;) xoxo