18 May 2012

notes.

-last saturday dillan and rebekah got hitched, and never mind the drizzled dampness: the whole day was sacred and gorgeous.


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


more soon. (or knowing me, not so soon. but i will post more wedding loveliness at some futurish date.)


-this weekend we are sharing about our upcoming missions work at our very first church. we might be a wee bit nervous, but it's a warm and familiar crowd, and we're trusting God to do His thing. please pray that we'll make His glory known, and that those present will get a good look at what He's up to in africa and want to join in.


-after much blind fiddling and a few test posts, i finally have our family website up and running. by next year i'll likely just be blogging over there, so if you'd like to tag along with us to kenya, pop on in. :)


-and now i am short on time and long on work, so i must be off. happy weekending, my friends!


Untitled

Untitled



ps peonies! the peonies have arrived. may is such a friendly time of year.

10 comments:

Kim said...

peonies are my ultimate favorite. i don't even mind the ants that hitch a ride into the house with them. they're just so big and glorious. thank You, Lord, for this epic time of year.

Joy Kinard said...

Love, Love, Love the new site. You are so precious. Inspiring. I am so excited with you and for you.And for them. That they may know. Oh, I have goosebumps! Maybe I'll come one day. And serve with you. Oh the grand possibilites.

lulu and family said...

smiles!! those poenies make me melt.=) wondering if those rainboots were a last minute provision. those sudden decisions on special days are such fun pieces of the story. ah, when you have time to share more, i'll soak it all up!! what a beautiful bride! praying with you for this weekend's sharing! be glorified, father!

Brandee Shafer said...

What a beautiful bride, and i love the matching boots and umbrelly. :) They were blessed to have your eye.

I Live in an Antbed said...

Gorgeousness! I cannot imagine living in a place where flowers like that grow!! I'm trying very hard not to be jealous. :) Our second daughter's wedding is two weeks from tomorrow and we used those same polka-dot boots when we were doing her bridal portraits. She wore them to tromp out through a big field of weeds. Pretty cute!

Jerusha said...

Boo! Our peonies are long dead already. Argh. Gorgeous pics. Makes me want to get married again (to the same guy) for better pics!

happygirl said...

Wellies and peonies. So much fun and beauty in one place. Loved it.

Ostriches Look Funny said...

my peonies season has passed. :(
But, I can still enjoy them at your place. Another reason why I love to visit. I love the bridal rain boots. Delightful.

Emily Wierenga said...

oh, i love the rainboots! beautiful photos. and gorgeous peonies. now off to visit your family website, which i will definitely be visiting as you travel, friend. love to you. xo

Jennifer Shults said...

Oh my. You have some seriously gorgeous pictures on this post. Those wedding shots are fabulous and how awesome are those rain boots! They are going to love that memory especially with such fantastic photos of it! LOVE the newish blog... I'm totally going to go snag that theme. How do you like Wordpress? I dearly love it but I never have spent much time with blogger... we never really got a long. ;)