26 March 2012
a delicious start.
come spring break and Reasonable Residents of Coldish Lands tend to make a mass exodus to florida. we seven owenses, however, are still tooling around these parts.
the bad news is forty-three degrees with nary a beach in sight. the good news is we have the entire midwest to ourselves.
we've a week of low-key togetherness up our sleeves, inaugurated with a trip to the local frozen yogurt shop, where we loaded up on flavors like red velvet cupcake and tahitian vanilla. (i'm a purist and stick to chocolate + pecans every time, but in honor of spring break, i let my festive streak loose with the sprinkles.)
also in store: a trip to the bakery, a living-room camp out, s'mores and roasted hot dogs. library stops and pudding pie and maybe a hike or two. i've a bunch of work and orders to complete as well, but i'm clearing out spaces to just enjoy my kiddos.
thankful today for:
214. new friends and the fine game of euchre
215. cherry trees raining petals
216. lasagna soup
217. solid family, both the close-bys and the far-aways
218. peppermint york creamer
219. a timely reminder to wield my words (and tone) with care
221. little (and mediumish) boys who always need a haircut
222. fat magnolias lining our streets
223. colored sprinkles