06 February 2012

my kind of morning.

wooden stamps

mondays are for laundry, pre-k homeschool, menu planning and groceries. hammering jewelry, big kid homework, softie dolls, library, post office, dinner.

it helps if the sky is streaming sun, and if you have a child within earshot drumming up songs as he stamps snails on his rectangle of paper ('i wanna be...dora. i wanna be...sponge bob. i wanna be...ice cream. i wanna be...sunday school. i wanna be...aunt kindra. i wanna be...lowercase q.')

our weekend was a mixed bag: you had your stare-downs, your excellent company, your occasional one-child mutiny. plus also you had this:


delish


indoor s'mores. the name pretty much explains everything. (recipe here, and you kind of have to squeeze your eyes shut so you don't see the boatloads of butter that take part in these gorgeous fellows. it's alarming. and delicious.)


indoor smores


and finally, we have a winner for the circle of hope necklace.


sweetTea

number 19, ms jennifer shults, you are my girl. (and thank you all for your bolstering comments...elle seems to have taken to her new 'do, and little em's pleased as punch with his burgeoning reading skills.)

and all this talk of hope got me thinking how this mothering business plays tricks on your heart. i can go to bed frayed and spent and convinced my child will still be screaming his tonsils out forty years down the line, but then today comes. and i wake and tell God in the shower how much i need him, and ask for the energy to be on my boy's side one more time.

and He supplies. and i am. and grace pours over the whole fractured mess till i can't make out a single split or seam.


continuing the list of thankfuls:

-honey soap
-lori, darcy, mom, crystal, lisa, shannan, aunty c and so many of you who are praying for strength and miracles
-towels worn soft
-skeletal trees
-expectancy
-guava jam
-and an almost-here niece (hurrah!)

12 comments:

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

congrats to Jennifer!! :o)

sounds like a great Monday to me. :)

I'm totally digging his songs. have a wonderful day!!

Brandee Shafer said...

Well, but the problem with being a lowercase q is that you look so much like a seahorse. And boys are much more attractive than seahorses.

Captain Murdock said...

I'm going to celebrate your Monday even though mine has sucked giant rotten eggs, and even though I wasn't the grand winner of the necklace :)

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

Do you know that I count your victories as my own? I don't know why it helps, but it does. I just steal a corner for myself. And today, I really need that corner. :)

xo

lulu and family said...

beautiful. the pictures of the dessert made me want to jump right in and have a taste.=)

hannah singer said...

lovely monday!
praise jesus, for hearing AND supplying. praying and praying for you all.

and i suppose i ought to go whip up those incredible looking indoor s'mores. oh.my.word.

happy day to you xo

happygirl said...

I like your Mondays. Mine are back to work, days. Monday. Sometimes a tough day. :)

Ostriches Look Funny said...

well your monday sounds delightful. Mine is for doctor appointments, errands, and laundry...so we have something in common! :)

Jerusha said...

"and i wake and tell God in the shower how much i need him, and ask for the energy to be on my boy's side one more time.and He supplies. and i am. and grace pours over the whole fractured mess till i can't make out a single split or seam." OH, I love this so much. Me too. Also, I wanna be a lowercase q! Delightful! And I want to eat those s'mores...so all around, a wonderful post. :)

Jennifer Shults said...

Well how is that even possible that I would be the winner of that gorgeous necklace??? I have a person just perfectly in mind to bestow that little gem on that needs quite a huge helping of hope right now. :)

I'm glad to hear that little M is making small steps in the direction of peace with the family. And I hope you know that if by any means his love for you eventually equals his protests you will indeed be a very lucky family. :)

and you should not post pics of such delicious looking buttery treats because I DON'T need to be making that. just sayin'

Kim said...

I firmly believe that extra butter makes all baked goods delicious. Just sayin'...

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I never visit your blog without turning to look at my life and seeing more beauty in it that I did before. You are a gift.