26 August 2011

planting and tying.



every morning my smallest boy and i lace up for a long, slow walk. sometimes we have a grand time, spotting trains and crickets and jets streaking the sky. mostly we don't.

little m is categorically opposed to exercise, and also temperatures that fall outside of the 70-75 degree range, so the combination of the two just about undoes him.

however.

yesterday this was at the end of the walk, and when we turned the bend he got his second wind (or first wind, actually) and took off at a sprint for the tire swings.





i know it's not always feasible to plant fun at the end of his drudgery, but his shrieks of glee sure have this way of warming me through.

:)

also blazing my insides today: oodles of you have said you're faithfully praying, and i'm overflowing. God is tying our family together in ways that transcend the impossible, and your faithfulness--and His--is nothing short of restorative.


* * *

join us at becky's for fingerprint friday
and dear emily's, for more imperfect prose

10 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

How FUN to see your gorgeousness pop up on my blog today!

You're such a lovely inspiration, Nic.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

love me some shrieks of glee!!


How about this... one day, you can borrow Christen and you two can play some soccer and I will borrow little M and he and I will enjoy NOT playing soccer and just "chill"... :o)

Opposed to exercise... a child after my own heart! :o)

kendal said...

love. and praying.

emily wierenga said...

i love you nic. and i love your boy and the smile in that second photo. and i'm praying... for more walks like this one.

Cassy said...

Your boy looks so happy on the swing.

Cass from Play Electric Guitar

lulu and family said...

yay, for tire swings!!!!!!!=)

hannah singer said...

praise jesus for such a sweet day. praying for many more of the same-and endurance and trust as you continue to follow HIS lead! xo

Ostriches Look Funny said...

so wonderful!
I make my middle one walk and he hates it. He has hypotnia (low muscle tone), so he must walk...he just gets so tired. So I feel your pain.

I'm glad everyone is starting to tie together. I will keep praying. XOXO!

rachelsjunkinthetrunk said...

Simply beautiful!

Katarina said...

It's incredible to read about your beautiful venture full of love and hope...I can also almost feel the happiness and gratitude in his look:)
He is so fortunate to have you as a mom!!:)