currently smitten with:
1. yo-yo runners.
this here table runner is a Much Belated Birthday Something for my youngest sister, kindra. she had the grace not to fall over from shock when i actually finished the guy.
(ps all y'all with tutorials who said this will only take an hour or two either have quick fingers or fiery pants. that's all i'm saying.)
2. biggest and littlest brothers, playing makinas.
3. guava juice.
4. a sister getting married (squee!).
4a. elle's dearest ambition in life is to be a princess. just in case her father and i don't turn out to be secret royalty, she will settle for her second choice: flower girl.
after being asked by aunt kristin to fill this dreamy role, she's been skimming about the house like a balloon, buoyant with euphoria, sketching dresses in her journal and staging hallway rehearsals.
5. dear people who check in on us and stock our fridges with casseroles and mangoes and keep us afloat with prayer.
6. jersey sheet tents and stuffed friends and homemade games.
7. all this stretching and the kinship taking root in deep places, even if i can't yet see it. and all the somedays to come.
Virginia Discovery Museum
3 hours ago