03 June 2011

week in review. except not really.

hazy

'tis the last week of school for the small folk, which means zoo trips and field days and awards ceremonies and popsicle parties and other such happenings that require buckets of enthusiasm/perspiration from the mums and dads.

i'm plum worn out.


still, even in my zombie-ish state, i'm deluged with daily wonders cropping up round about us:


morning.

like peonies. (peonies!) if ever i have told you some other sort of bloom was my favorite, i was sorely mistaken. these ruffly gals have wriggled their pink and their frill into my plain-jane heart and have no intention of moving out.

(seriously. like i have to pet them when i see them, they are so irresistible and puffy.)



ears.

also: corn on the cob. grilled, bathed in butter, and tied with baker's twine. triple swoon.





and nature walks. the kind that yield baby pinecones that make mum and daughter both puddle inside.






pcone


tentacles

extra-terrestrial flowers that amaze me with their sheer weirdness every spring.



finally.

and a first tooth out (finally). which is a mighty good thing, since her big tooth has already shown up in second row seating.

plus also, the tooth fairy actually showed up on schedule, which is a miracle in its own category at chez owens.



first tooth out.


this weekend promises more kid parties and graduations and baby showers and church and packing up for some good ol' lake michigan camping. if we time it right, we even might work in an hour or two of sleep.

:)

ps we still don't have any clearer idea of when we'll head back to ethiopia for our littlest person...eight to twelve weeks from the first trip is what we're told. i promise i shall let you know when we know! thanks for hoping and praying alongside us.

21 comments:

Stemple Family said...

We live in Michigan! The lake was amazing last Monday! Happy camping!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Oh how I long to be there. :)

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I love peonies!

And I really love fresh, corn on the cob! now I'm jonesin'!!

Thankfully my brother has planted another huge crop of it this year. :o) now if it would just hurry up!

Have fun camping! Maybe you can share something when you come back from camping that will make it seem inviting to me... so far, I'm not fond of camping.... but I really wanna be! :o)

Farmgirl Paints said...

uh your photos stun me, they are perfection. seriously that pine cone one and the ears of corn...wowza! this is our last week. bring on the zoo and ceremonies. so ready for school to be out:)

Kimberly said...

So, so many good things. I can never read your blog without wanting to set aside my computer and just LIVE. And ah, I need that!

Jorth! said...

Don't tell Grumbles that E lost a tooth - she can't wait for one of hers to come out, and continually bemoans the fact that everybody in her class has lost one EXCEPT HER!

Kendal said...

i love your photos. just sayin'.

lulu and family said...

love all the pictures! enjoy your break away!

Jennifer Shults said...

Seriously you take amazing pictures. Gorgeous fabulous pictures. Yay for a first lost tooth!

Melissa said...

JUST LOVE YOUR PHOTOS! Every time I visit I am inspired to learn more and take better photos! Thanks for that!

Beautiful snapshot of life!

Karen Siddiqi said...

Lake Michigan camping! I'm envious to the core! I grew up in the Grand Rapids area, so I'm well-acquainted with the wonders of Lake Michigan. enjoy!!

Katarina said...

Peonies are so beautiful, such a pity they don't last longer.
Elle is so cute without the teeth!!
Enjoy the camping!!!:)))

Martin's said...

Just so you know, we have a place to stay in Birmingham!! We checked it out:)

Miss you!

Katie Stratton said...

corn on the cob tied with bakers twine might be the best idea i've ever heard. such color!

<3

alexandra grecco said...

beautiful photos!


xx
alexandra

hannah singer said...

peonies. i'm with ya, girl.
welcome summer!
enjoy the sweetness of this fresh season.
praying continues for your smallest set of piggies.

ps. your daughter's eyes are gorgeous.

xo

Joybird said...

Wow, that b/w portrait is amazing.

MP said...

sending lots of love and prayful thoughts your way, I hope you are finding some time to relax!

MP said...

sending lots of love and prayful thoughts your way, I hope you are finding some time to relax!

Katarina said...

Peonies are so beautiful, such a pity they don't last longer.
Elle is so cute without the teeth!!
Enjoy the camping!!!:)))

Melissa said...

JUST LOVE YOUR PHOTOS! Every time I visit I am inspired to learn more and take better photos! Thanks for that!

Beautiful snapshot of life!

lulu and family said...

love all the pictures! enjoy your break away!