07 April 2011

on funnel clouds and whatnot.





first off, thank you for happy-dancing alongside us. y’all are some kind of wonderful.

for many adopting families, this process is a zany thing: one endless stretch of twiddling thumbs punctuated by the occasional blip of flurried activity. we’ve a mountain of things to accomplish in the coming five weeks, but since the last time i actually got to DO anything substantial was five months back, i’m embracing this funnel cloud of crazy.

bring it on, i say. :)


ps i peeked in on elle the other night, and maybe it was the way her limbs splayed over mounded quilt and sheets, but she looked two feet longer than usual. i love that my children are stretching into their very own people, all tallish and bright, but sometimes it freaks me out a little.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I don't think it's even occurred to me to embrace one of my funnel clouds. Life would probably be more joyful if I did.

Tallish and bright. Oh yes.

Farmgirl Paints said...

i freak out all the time. i right there with ya friend.

lulu and family said...

love this picture! and your words. have been thinking of you all with this adoption process. prayers go up.