04 April 2011

just around the bend.



‘twas the cousins’ birthday parties this past weekend, which meant superhero masks and cupcakes and enthusiastic trampolining (i sat this part out, as there’s something about birthing four children that is unkind to one’s bladder).


plummy


we made baby e a little plum top with vintage lace, and big brother b a reversible cape for his many universe-saving missions (modeled by my second grader).


to the rescue


back at the homefront, we finally ventured out again into the gusty warmth that was yesterday afternoon. i’m heady with the promise of spring.


three cheers for spring


ps who votes for getting a court date this week? i'm a-hoping clear down to my bones...

16 comments:

happygirl said...

I, too, am ready for spring. So READY.

Sarah said...

Amazed at your homemade gifts ...
Yes, maybe this is the week :)
Have enjoyed your blog for years, and decided recently to be a blog commenter. Don't know why I didn't do it before.
Your photos are inspiring!

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I vote a big ol' YES on the court date. :o)

Love your homemade gifts. Those will be cherished for sure!

Steph said...

Y'all have been on my heart for the past several weeks. Praying with you for good news THIS WEEK!

Ostriches Look Funny said...

my three year old is coveting that cape. he's asking when i will buy it so he can pretend to fly with it.
Yeah.

Anonymous said...

This is the week!!

Lori

Brandee Shafer said...

hoping?

praying! :)

Joybird said...

I do, I do.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

Puh-leaze let this be the weeeek!

Raechel said...

I do! I vote for a court date! With all my heart! Oh Lord, hear our prayers! (and we are so glad you do!)

I remember so well the wait for a court date only a year ago for us with my sister. Hoping for things is hard sometimes, but hoping in Him is a great source of comfort.

emily wierenga said...

oh friend, i'm heady with the promise of spring too...

Baron said...

Praise the Lord for a court date!!!

Jorth! said...

Look! Shorts are out! That MUST mean that spring is on it's way!

PS Fingers very much crossed for you.

PPS Quite an embarassing fact about me, but I have been known to push small children out of the way in my race to jump on a trampoline. Man I love those things!

Sandra said...

Those caps are awesome!
Hope you get the court date!

Last Minute Mel said...

Love the capes and the little dress...so fun :)

lulu and family said...

awesome gifts!!