22 March 2011

days slow like honey, plus an update on lilly.

we’ve kicked off spring break in our signature low-key style. these days mean dozens of family games, kid-instigated crafts, trips to the library, plus relishing the new warmth of our backyard. we dig for earth worms and play hide-and-seek-tag (where the belly giggles of the littler ones give them away every time).


he creamed us all.

[this is the face of a child who is about to cream us all in monopoly deal. he's a sneaky genius.]


we plan to round out the holiday with a camp-out of sleeping bags piled helter-skelter on the family room rug and a road trip to pop in on people we love like kin. not a bad way to spend a week.






also, today is baby lilly’s heart surgery. please be thinking of her right now and in the weeks to come as her little body works to heal.

the indefatigable lisa hanna, who organized lilly's kimono sewing, has been posting regular updates on her blog and hosts a flickr group sharing photos of the gorgey little kimonos you all have sewn and sent in. please stop by and see.

thank you for loving on lilly. you are precious people, every last one of you, and my heart is fit to burst with the way you profligate kindness.

10 comments:

happygirl said...

I hope you enjoy your honey of a break. and Lilly is in my prayers.

Melissa said...

Praying for Lilly.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

Christen is on spring break too... I wish I could join her! :o)

Keeping Lilly in my prayers.

have fun with your littles!! :o)

S. Etole said...

such cute little smiles ...

Duane Scott said...

Beautiful pictures :)

And I love bananagrams.

And also, I want to thank you for your sweet words over at Susan Etole's site regarding my 2 year old nephew's death.

So many people praying truly does lift the burden.

jeana said...

praying for Lilly.

Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) said...

More lilly updates
http://sewingorsomething.blogspot.com/2011/03/happy-update-on-lilly-and-pics.html

Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) said...

More lilly updates
http://sewingorsomething.blogspot.com/2011/03/happy-update-on-lilly-and-pics.html

Duane Scott said...

Beautiful pictures :)

And I love bananagrams.

And also, I want to thank you for your sweet words over at Susan Etole's site regarding my 2 year old nephew's death.

So many people praying truly does lift the burden.

happygirl said...

I hope you enjoy your honey of a break. and Lilly is in my prayers.