1. confession: i've been finding it hard to post lately, in part because life has upshifted into a new gear of crazy, but mostly because so much of what occupies my heart is intensely personal, yet in a way that's not mine to share.
vague enough? i'm quite sorry, but let us forge ahead.
2. elle has been planning a dance party for the two of us (well, her original proposal included many little friends and also cakes and presents, but that part didn't make it through committee), and today was the Big Event. she donned her crown and gold-toned necklace, and i showed up in my sweats and stripey socks, and we boogied with gusto to disney-slash-broadway tunes, followed by a well-deserved plopping down on the rug to catch our breaths.
3. plopping photo number one:
4. plopping plus a bit of giggling:
5. see how i'm cheating with the numbers here? it's in everyone's best interest, i assure you.
6. today was quintessential spring: coolish in a sunny way, or sunny in a coolish way, i'm not sure which, and the air with that brand-new smell. perfection.
7. i am quite possibly allergic to the General Outdoor Area. that, coupled with a cold and some sinus issues has me congested in a way that goes all the way up to my brain.
8. also, i spent much of saturday huddled outdoors in the rain, which may or may not have augmented my brain clog, but my boys were coaxing soccer balls down the soggy fields in ways that could not be missed.
9. my friend shannan writes better than, well, everyone but God, and she lived rightnextdoor to me for two years in college and that whole time i never once clued in to her linguistic genius.
now that we reside more than a hundred miles apart, i have seen the light. and i yearn to be her next door neighbor. (can i buy a do-over?)
10. after working much of the weekend, i've finally finished up proofs of my niece. just a couple more shots of this irresistible tiny person:
ah. sweet dreams, friends.
The Most Addictive Ribs
1 hour ago