21. little girls who wake with sleepy smiles and rarely make their beds.
22. broken-in boots.
23. girlfriends who keep you company with sweets and 80's flicks (kickboxing. sport of the future.) when the hubby's out of town.
24. knocking pebbles from my sneakers following an afternoon of digging for worms and climbing forts and trapezing with the littles out back.
25. melina marchetta. ('jellicoe road' kept me on the treadmill four miles longer than usual. melina honey, you sure can spin a tale.)
26. snowy mums, however brief they last.
(mom owens, i purchased these guys in the hopes that i could keep them alive and bonny till your birthday. however. it is now becoming clear that i may have been suffering from an acute case of delusional optimism that day, so do not be surprised if you end up with an entirely non-kingdom-plantae, different gift.)
(but just in case, close your eyes.)
* * *
(indeed, i do know it's friday, but i'm trying out this new thing called being early. so far it's weird but oddly refreshing.)