24 July 2010

please.

in the quiet hum of early morning, i think of my littlest child, my almost-son living opposite days on the far curve of this earth. i ask for sleep weeded clean of nightmares, for God to whisper a lullaby into his bones.

and when the sun burns low in my sky, and dusk bleeds the day of color, i think of him rising, fresh and drowsy. i ask for someone to smile when calling his name today, for someone to kiss his fears out, for someone to expect big things for this small son of mine.

i pray for his days and nights and in-betweens, and for someone to make it a point to let Jesus show up in their skin and hold him safe, love him so close.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Kim Z.

Kimberly said...

Oh Nic...wow. I knew you were a poet, I knew you had such a beautiful heart, and yet still you manage to amaze with the depth and gorgeous loving that is you.

I hope he's in your arms soon.

lulu and family said...

oh, please, lord! so happy for you, this boy, and your family!

Lisa said...

Praying for your son; so far away ...

and you.

linda said...

A beautiful post.
I close my eyes and bow my head to the light, and say a prayer for your son.

Michele said...

What a lucky little boy. All children should feel this kind of love. Make sure you show him this when he's a teen and wants to borrow your car!

jorth said...

You've made me get all teary!

I wish and pray for you all, that these things may come true.

love said...

oh, my soul. yes.

praying this for yours. and mine.

soon, Lord, please?

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I know that precise feeling. Let that before-love boil over while you wait. Before you know it, he'll be under the crook of your arm and your days will be all sorts of mixed up. :) We are SO blessed. Not them. US. (But he's pretty lucky, too, considering he's about to be loved up close and forever, by the likes of you.)

hotflashmamaknowsbest said...

Can't wait to meet this precious new grandchild, hold him, snuggle, and sing my made up grandma songs to him.

Mindy said...

Amen!