11 May 2010

beauty in the ordinary.

scraps and snippets of our weekend:

weekend

friday found me attempting speed photography, namely shooting dandelion puffs faster than my five year old could blow them. she's quick, that kid.

saturday morning soccer was a whole lot of gale-force polar wind. no pictures of that, as i'd loaned my stripey grey and cream mittens to my youngest boy and could barely feel my fingers, let alone use them. :)

sunday afternoons are often merry processions of card games; monopoly deal and connect four and memory. elle and i recommissioned a deck of 'pass the buck' cards into a zany game of memory, cracking ourselves up when we selected the lone buck.

green onion blossoms are so perfect in their pointy, star-shaped purpleness. my kids gather them by the fistful, and while this wasn't their direct intention, i could not imagine up a more cheerful mother's day gift.

monday was the hubby's birthday; it's that time of the year that we're the same age again, which tends to rain on my parade, but ah well. in honor of his special day, i attempted to let him sleep in, but i might have set off our smoke alarm with the griddle, and also might have dumped an unorthodox amount of baking soda into the whole wheat pancakes for his birthday breakfast due to a principle called I Am Too Lazy To Use Measuring Spoons. hypothetically.

he said not a word about either, which is a shining example of why i love the man. (happy birthday, babe.)

which brings us to tuesday, where i am unwrapping the gift of ordinary, beautiful weekends.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

16 comments:

b.fox* said...

LOVE your pictures! They are so CRISP & CLEAR!!! :) JUST GORGEOUS!!!!

Wendy said...

love, love, love your snippets.... pictures and words.... you have a wonderful life...

Jen Shults said...

Oh what game is that??? E and B would just love it!!! Your photos are just amazing hun!! HUGS!!

Rach@In His Hands said...

The snippets are definitely beautiful.

Happy birthday to your hubby!

Graceful said...

Sometimes there is nothing more beautiful than the ordinary...and your lovely photos tell it all!

Brassy Apple said...

I always love seeing your photos :)

JoAnn said...

Now I want breakfast...again
Delightful!

Faith said...

LOVE love love this blog post!!! :)

kelly@thebluemuse said...

Great photos, I always loved playing Memory when I was a kid!
All the little things that are so important...

Photo Freak said...

Super Pretty!

emily said...

your photos are so lovely. And I'm with you - the whole husbands-birthday-falling-near-Mothers-Day thing is kind of a bummer. But I guess wasn't exactly a deal breaker when you decided to marry him :)

Chani said...

My dear Nicole! I could finally post about your amazing necklace, take a look at my blog. Thanks again so much!
Love, Chani

lulu and family said...

so well said, nicole. those green onion blooms! beautiful. yes, all of it is beauty in the ordinary...seen. lovely.

Chani said...

My dear Nicole! I could finally post about your amazing necklace, take a look at my blog. Thanks again so much!
Love, Chani

kelly@thebluemuse said...

Great photos, I always loved playing Memory when I was a kid!
All the little things that are so important...

Faith said...

LOVE love love this blog post!!! :)