18 March 2010

reaching.

reaching.

i've been thinking about reaching lately. how grace is God reaching out to us, and faith is us reaching back. how sometimes he wants to extend mercy to others through me. how often i get in the way.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

o Divine Master,
grant that i may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

amen.


-st. francis of assisi

morning.


* * *

more 'reaching' here.

19 comments:

ohabbyreally said...

Beautiful pictures as always. The light is just amazing.

Karen Siddiqi said...

Two thumbs up on the sentiments and the pictures. I think I needed both today. Thank you.

Also thanks for blogging about your adoption journey. As someone struggling with an "infertile" diagnosis, it gives me great hope to see that you are open to loving another child just as you do your own flock. I need that these days when despair sets in easily.

Life with Kaishon said...

Absolutely amazing. Wow. Just lovely.
May you continue to reach for all the great things God has in store for you.

lulu and family said...

wonderful prayer. particularly love your last image. as i have gotten older, i have recognized a clear need to expect less and give more. like god's telling me, "amy, it's your turn now."=) thanks for "reaching."

Elaine A. said...

I love the song that goes with these words. We've sung it often in church.

And these photos are so peaceful and lovely...

Jen said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful words!

Susan said...

breathtaking

Bunch of Barrons said...

Great post...thanks for the reminder! Lovely shots as usual!

Megryansmom said...

That's a powerful message and a great picture to go with it!

Misty said...

your photos are GORGEOUS! this post really challenged me where i am at right now... I checked out your profile and have to honestly say you are my newly discovered favorite blog!

fleetfeet said...

One of my most favorite songs growing up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As5hjcfNn7k

Love you.

myorii said...

Wow, these are amazing shots! They have a quiet beauty in them that speaks in volumes. I love them!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

All of this? AMAZING.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

That first one is SO beautiful!

Steph

Organizing Mommy said...

Wow! Beautiful words with beautiful picture. I love wearing my necklace around that you made for me. Thanks so much.

AMIT said...

Lovely pictures.

Domain registration india

Organizing Mommy said...

Wow! Beautiful words with beautiful picture. I love wearing my necklace around that you made for me. Thanks so much.

Beth at I Should Be Folding La said...

All of this? AMAZING.

Susan said...

breathtaking