20 February 2010

reasons to love saturday.

1. the enchanted quality of a stack of freshly cut fabric. each piece hums with potential, waiting to become a smallish shift dress, a ruffled apron, a log cabin quilt. (and by a log cabin quilt i really mean the well-intentioned start of a log cabin quilt. i am exceptional at the starting of quilts.)

sat1

sat2


2. ed emberley's drawing manuals. they can fill a quiet hour, even if you already know how to draw. especially if you already know how to draw.

sat3


3. the lovely feeling (registering midway between deep fondness and nostalgia) one gets packaging up an apron made for a childhood friend.

sat4


4. 'tis the day i call my mum and dad.
[warning: missing my mum sometimes makes me dig up old baby books and whatnot.]


5. old baby books and whatnot.

our baby. 1976.

mum and me.

tree.

funny how i used to be cute.

back in the day.


6. voluntary learning. my file cabinet holds all manner of games i was forced to make i made with good cheer for a multitude of education courses. every now and then when elle lodges a boredom complaint, i pull one out and set her to work. laminated ed games are her personal cloud nine.

domino addition.


7. our adoption homestudy papers are finally all in. :) it's a small but significant leap closer.


happy saturday.

9 comments:

Karen Siddiqi said...

I have the exact same baby book!! Good luck on the adoption...my husband and I are considering that in the near future after finding out we won't be able to have children naturally.

Jen M said...

Those fabrics are luscious!

Zhanna said...

love the domino addition cards!! Would love to see more of your boredom buster ed games :) I too looove Saturdays!

Jenn said...

fun stuff...your world is such a happy place :)

Congrats on the paperwork...what a wonderful feeling (I know too well)...can't wait to hear about your progress!!

Jenn

Mary Rogers said...

Hooray for finished paperwork! :)
And as random as this sounds I walked into my favorite fabric store yesterday and thought of you. So many pretty things that lovely people like you can make even more fabulous.
And people like me just buy the pattern and the fabric and let it sit there.... ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh! I just found a reason to love sunday...because my apron...and thus a piece of you...is on the way!

Jen said...

I love new material too! I've been buying lots, getting ready for the launch of my new Etsy shop!

Mary Rogers said...

Hooray for finished paperwork! :)
And as random as this sounds I walked into my favorite fabric store yesterday and thought of you. So many pretty things that lovely people like you can make even more fabulous.
And people like me just buy the pattern and the fabric and let it sit there.... ;-)

Zhanna said...

love the domino addition cards!! Would love to see more of your boredom buster ed games :) I too looove Saturdays!