04 February 2010

inculpable.

i tell my boys quite frequently: there will BE no grousing in your late teens about how we have a paltry two photographs of you and roughly thirty-eight million of your sister, and how your therapist agrees that this is clearly indicative of Favoritism And General Injustice and as such, any and all misery or woe you sustain in life will have this early grievance at its root.

because PEOPLE.

the reality here is that when i bust out my camera (or, okay, sometimes i'm wearing it already), my older three dive for cover while the youngest cheerfully humors me.

clearly a case of It's Not My Fault, right?

* * *

so i'm playing along at beth's you capture challenge, this week's assignment being faces. can we all guess which lone face my camera captured?

Photo Of Elle Number Thirty-Eight-Million-One

1feb7

and to atone for the fact that i only have one face to share here, i've processed this image several different ways. i always marvel at how variation in coloring can alter the mood of a photograph.

1feb7b

1feb7a

i really do have four children. i promise.

27 comments:

ohabbyreally said...

Really, really beautiful. I think I like the last edit the best, well done!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Gorgeous!!

Cathy said...

I like them all, but the second one makes her eyes POP!

Kirsten said...

You have documented proof that it's not your fault! What a precious youngest you have though. My niece's name is also Elle. Not that common, but it's beautiful.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

She's so beautiful! Such a serious gaze... And your photos are brilliant, but that's nothin' new.

Jen Higgins said...

What beautiful eyes she has!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Those older kids are nothing but trouble! Luckily, your youngest isn't just a willing participant but a BEAUTIFUL one!

I'm so happy to see you playing along!

FireMom said...

It's an amazing shot, perfectly acceptable to use over and over! Great job!

~Mendie~ said...

she is going to break hearts one day...great shots!

lulu and family said...

sweet and fun!

Megryansmom said...

She's very beautiful!

Elaine A. said...

My boys could end up in therapy about this too but it's party because digital photography is SO easy now! (That's my excuse anyway...)

She's lovely in any color! :)

Sidnie said...

I love the edits. I think the middle one is my favorite!
She's beautiful!

WackyMummy said...

The second edit is just beautiful!

Jen Shults said...

LOL, you can tell your boys that but you bet when they are 23 and telling their girlfriends or gasp wives about this there will be lots of grousing and whining for sympathy, lol.

Elle is just gorgeous, your photography is always just perfection.

Seeker said...

I like the first one the most. Her eyebrows are beautiful and remind me of my oldest daughter's...I love how silky soft they are.

Lena said...

Beautiful! I love the first edit.

Sahne said...

The first edit is my favorite. She's so naturally beautiful and has stunning eyes!

http://www.tellyouaboutit.com/2010/02/you-capture-challenge-faces.html

nault's nook said...

love the photograph! I love the first as it is just so pure!

love said...

she's so precious!

and you will totally get blamed for having no pictures of the boys. good thing you have recorded this for them.

Sahne said...

The first edit is my favorite. She's so naturally beautiful and has stunning eyes!

http://www.tellyouaboutit.com/2010/02/you-capture-challenge-faces.html

Lena said...

Beautiful! I love the first edit.

Sidnie said...

I love the edits. I think the middle one is my favorite!
She's beautiful!

WackyMummy said...

The second edit is just beautiful!

FireMom said...

It's an amazing shot, perfectly acceptable to use over and over! Great job!

Beth at I Should Be Folding La said...

Those older kids are nothing but trouble! Luckily, your youngest isn't just a willing participant but a BEAUTIFUL one!

I'm so happy to see you playing along!

Jen Higgins said...

What beautiful eyes she has!