18 February 2010

the fine art of smooching.

beth's youcapture theme this week was kisses, so elle and i rigged up a homestyle photobooth in the sunroom (which, paradoxically, is rather coldish this time of year). we started off with strict adherence to the smooching motif, but things quickly veered off course.

pk

[since the only thing my fellows appreciate less than being photographed is being kissed, the odds of photographing a kiss came out to roughly never in infinity. but as much as they duck and giggle and wriggle away, i shall keep trying to smooch those guys because i figure deep down inside they actually like that i try, plus also every now and then i get lucky and land one.]

the whole kissing bit got me thinking about how we express love 'round these here parts. for the younger two, especially, taking their temperature equals love. odd but true.

also, getting to crowd mom and dad's bed whilst reading bedtime stories equals love.

and mom suggesting you plop a hershey's kiss into your hot chocolate? nothing but love.

[right here, the makings of a perfect cup of peppermint cocoa. the kids prefer milk of the bovine variety, and i like to sneak in a bit of coconut creme creamer. delightful.]

the best hot chocolate.

sip.

and while we're on the subject of kisses, i'd be remiss not to mention a particularly poignant part of the blogosphere: kissesfromkatie. katie's posts tend to make me cry, and her perspective shakes me. take a looksee sometime.

happy thursday, friends.

:)

21 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Super cute!! I love how you set up the photo booth pics.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Megryansmom said...

Stopping by from You Capture to share some kisses

countryfriedmama said...

That last photo is mesmerizing. Her eyes!

I had the same problem trying to capture a kiss, and the fact that I give lots of the kisses around here made it particularly tricky to fulfill this week's assignment

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I second the "thermometer" love language theory of younguns! So funny. Calvin also really likes it when I call anyone and everyone to tell him that he's "sick". :)

Also - Are the two of you flossing in that last pic?

And ps - I just read through Katie's blog again yesterday. Then I tried to add it to my sidebar, but it wouldn't let me - something about the fact that it has "html" in the web address thingy. Ideas?

love said...

taking temperatures as love? yes.

i tried to do that photobooth look the other day and didn't master it. SO cute here. you two are adorable.

katie? forever thankful for her.

ohabbyreally said...

I love the photo booth set up and the last picture is beautiful!

Jenn said...

you two are a crack up! my days of smooches are definitely numbers...enjoying them while they last :)

Katie rocks my world...in a gloriously uncomfortable way :)

Jenn

Michelle Pixie said...

I love your photobooth idea! Super cute and fun!! What great captures!

Heather said...

I've been loving your blog since I discovered it not too long ago...and I am thanking you deeply for the nudge to head over to Katie's blog. Every day God seems to woo me back gently a little more...and He uses even the blogs of strangers to do that!

Jen said...

Katie challenges me beyond my understanding. Rocks me to my very core.

Miss Chlalom said...

Lovely Blog !! I love it !

Kimberly said...

Mmm...chocolate...err...eg? wot? Oh yes, LOVELY chocolate - I mean photos...

Umm...what was I saying?

Elaine A. said...

The shot from the photoshoot of you and your daughter "thinking" is the cutest thing I've seen today. Thanks for making me smile, BIG! :D

Seeker said...

Smiled at them all, belly laughed at the flossing(?) shot.

It seems we need to up the standard of hot chocolate concocting around these here parts. I see now that we're only pretending at it!

Seeker said...

uh, ok. I can see I'm not going to sleep tonight. I'm reading Katie's blog. My God...I am a goat. I'm in a panic to do something radical.

Anonymous said...

Great blog. :)
Your pictures are beautiful!
May I ask what type of camera you are using?

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

I love it! And we were meant to find each other, I'm totally drinking chocolate peppermint coffee right now!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Par said...

I love it! And we were meant to find each other, I'm totally drinking chocolate peppermint coffee right now!

Elaine A. said...

The shot from the photoshoot of you and your daughter "thinking" is the cutest thing I've seen today. Thanks for making me smile, BIG! :D

Seeker said...

Smiled at them all, belly laughed at the flossing(?) shot.

It seems we need to up the standard of hot chocolate concocting around these here parts. I see now that we're only pretending at it!

Heather said...

I've been loving your blog since I discovered it not too long ago...and I am thanking you deeply for the nudge to head over to Katie's blog. Every day God seems to woo me back gently a little more...and He uses even the blogs of strangers to do that!