1. these fine folks:
2. stacks of clean laundry. (which have this amazing tendency to morph into heaps of sweaty laundry in a picosecond, but we shall not dwell on that as this is a list of happiness.)
3. the perfect pairing that is white chicken chili and cornbread.
4. friends who visit hawaii and bring me back my favorite brand of chocolate covered macadamia nuts. (you know who you are, and i adore you.)
5. bunches of photo sessions with crazy fun families in these stunning fallish milieux.
speaking of which, here's a sneak peek for brian and carrie. this shot still makes me laugh quietly to myself whenever i happen across it:
6. crafting new goodies for the shoppe. (they'll be up in a week or two, promise.)
7. blankets and hoodies and knee socks to cure cold toes and noses.
8. God. (see also matthew 13.44)
9. how my kids will play hide-the-socks, a game they invented where one person stashes away their (hopefully not too crusty) socks whilst the others wait in a nearby room. the waiters then return to launch a full-scale search and the hider cackles with glee at his or her remarkable sock-stashing skills. (further proof that my children do not need much in the way of toys, they just mostly need each other.)
10. daylight saving, but only when we fall back. (the springing forward should be nixed entirely. i am not about the springing.)
11. people who read my blog even though the main ingredient is Categorical Inanity. you all deserve a pumpkin muffin.
12. ooh, pumpkin muffins. with chocolate chips.
i am done now, i promise. happy tuesday.
7 hours ago