1. so i've jumped on the p90x bandwagon, which turns out to not be the greatest bandwagon upon which to deposit oneself, as it does not pull over to let off passengers who are, hypothetically, bored out of their socks, until 90 days have passed.
tomorrow is only the first day of week six. are we there yet?
1b. incidentally, if i am not able to do pull ups without the chair by the end of the trip, i want my 90 days back.
2. contrary to popular (and justifiable) belief, i have not abandoned the quilt. right now, however, i am actually making the opposite of progress (regression? can you make regression?) due to A Lack of Pinning (also known as Laziness), resulting in rows of squares that start off matching up and end up not matching up. my seam ripper is earning a lot of overtime.
3. tonight the hubby and i are going on a Bonafide Date Night, thanks to the indefatigable lisa and matt (the latter of whom may have been lassoed into this arrangement against his better judgment. sorry, matt.).
one of the numerous things i love about lisa is that she values my kids and treats them like fully fledged human beings (and not lower caste creatures), even when they are moody and belligerent (in direct emulation of their mother, no doubt). she's a rare one, that lisa.
4. also beautiful: my bestest pals lovelyn's and jenn's journeys to bring little people into their families.
5. current list of Really Neat Things: crowder band, THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL SOCIETY, the starfish project, the libby sweater, and this quote:
The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. [jill churchill]
how the words ‘I’m with you’ can change a life
21 hours ago