1. the other day i caught a fragment of conversation between my offspring, em explaining to elle why she couldn’t marry him someday. i wish i could remember the specifics so i could embellish them here, but as i have not yet stooped to entire fabrication, we shall have to leave that exchange largely unrecorded. alas.
2. i often prefer british spellings over american, namely theatre, grey, and any word using an s instead of a z. s’s are more wholesome somehow, rounder and softer, while the american z comes off angled and sleazy. yes, i know. i take neurotic to new heights.
3. i finally got around to photographing a skirt i meant to share with y'all many moons ago. the nice thing about slowing down with the sewing biz is that my own kid actually gets clothed. she's thrilled.
4. mothering is irony in motion. what mother can't attest to shooing the kids outside for a moment's peace, only to spend the next twenty-five minutes keeping vigil from the kitchen sink window, smiling and occasionally hollering long-distance directives ("put that stick down NOW, do you WANT to impale your brother?").
5. my madre is celebrating a birthday today. i will not report her age, but i shall tell you that after all these years she has taken up jogging for the first time ever. i love how someone you know to their bones still has the ability to surprise you every now and then. rock on, mom.
You are Free: Be Who You Already Are
10 hours ago