10 February 2009

this post brought to you by the color brown.

'tis the dead of winter, and we're currently at fifty-six degrees. the universe is brown.

i could not love it more.

ok, except for if it were seventy degrees and green, but you know. when it comes to miracles, i'm really not all that picky.








truth be told, even though it is tied for my favoritest color, i don't so much like for my entire life to be brown. the trees are brown the grass is brown the puddles are brown the mud is brown the sky is brown (ok, grey, but just as depressing) the fields are brown the dying foliage in my yard is brown the bushes are brown the road is...well, black, but you get my drift.

however: fifty-six degrees. brown is good.

so right now my (brown of course) minivan is sitting out in the driveway hoping for the forecasted scattered showers to mosey along and clean it. in spite of a strategic paint job in the exact color of dust, my odyssey is so caked with dirt that even though you can't see it, you can actually sense the filth. plus also i can no longer see out the rear window, which tends to be a sign that Perhaps It's Time To Wash The Van.

(nope, no photos of the odyssey. it was too embarrassed to be photographed. plus, my kids are cuter.)









ps Other Brown Things That Are Good include hot chocolate, cold chocolate, and room-temperature chocolate. and also reese's cups.

13 comments:

gail said...

you are a crazy woman! what a hoot! you make even brown interesting.

i told my hubby about the jaguar getting the least amount of tickets, he said its cuz those that drive the jaguars are more conservative drivers. and here i thot it was cuz the cars have x-ray vision and can see the cops before you get caught speeding.

Jen M said...

What beautiful photos - you've inspired me to go out and find some beauty. I've hardly touched my camera in far too long.

Swede at Heart said...

You forgot brownies! YUM!

I'm ready to say goodbye to brown, I admit it!

britt said...

i agree, about the chocolate! ha.

Jenn said...

um...I still think we might have been separated at birth...the similarities in what we love are so similar...except for the fact that you are a Hawaiian babe and I'm...well...not. And yes...my tan Oddyssey is in dire need of a bath too ;) And chocolate rocks.

You have a special gift Nic...to make even the ugly truly beautiful.

take a bow Jenn

Fledgling said...

And those brown eyes! Add those to the list.

You can't have a good Odyssey without getting a little dirty now and then. Just ask Homer.


-N.

Amelia said...

and not to be obvious, but brownies are also something brown that is good. :o) LOL, your pictures are so lovely!!

erin {tvp} said...

Gorgeouse Nic, I love that first pic and the tree could be hung on a wall, it's perfect!

randi said...

Beautiful photos!

Rebekah said...

I washed my Odyssey two weeks ago, only to end up with ice & mud two days later, which we rarely get around here. So I took that as a sign to stop washing the thing.

Love the shot of Elle stooping with the penguins.

randi said...

Beautiful photos!

Jenn said...

um...I still think we might have been separated at birth...the similarities in what we love are so similar...except for the fact that you are a Hawaiian babe and I'm...well...not. And yes...my tan Oddyssey is in dire need of a bath too ;) And chocolate rocks.

You have a special gift Nic...to make even the ugly truly beautiful.

take a bow Jenn

britt said...

i agree, about the chocolate! ha.