12 January 2009

holing up







“I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough, let's go west.'”

(Richard Jeni)


truly one of my all-time favorite quotes.

as evidenced above, we've had the grumpies off and on this morning, but i've got a black bean soup simmering on the stove, and pieces of patty's fabric cut out and waiting to be stitched together into something vibrant and darling and fabulous (i hope). we'll trek out to the library after school, but for now it's nice to be warm and indoors with a day full of good things stretching out before me.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I feel for that Miss L...I wish I was back in bed pouting too. Sounds lovely to me. Are you doing the Andalucia launch? Me too....better get crackin'.

I was missing your posts...and YOU!

take a bow Jenn

Jen M said...

Fabulous pictures, they really convey a sense of winter. The quote made me laugh - totally my sense of humour! Love it.

jorth said...

So I shouldn't tell you that it's going to be 37 C here today?

Kimberly said...

Way to find the potential for loveliness in the day!

modkidboutique said...

HEY! Only us Illinoisians (sp?) are allowed t make fun of Chicago weather!! LOL!!

Can't wait to see what beauty you make for the launch. I'm giddy with excitement!

patty

PS... we're holed up too, except I *wish* I had black bean soup. YUM! I think I'm already suffering from a bad case of the Winter blues and Winter's just begun! *sigh*

~love said...

yummy...i want some black bean soup, too. =)
elle is so sweet.
we're all holed up here, too. they've sent the kids home from school & have already cancelled stuff for tonight and tomorrow. i'm very happy to lounge around...can think of only one thing that i would LOVE to get out for. ;)
i appreciate your prayers... thanks, nic!