I'm not quite sure why I'm torturing you with this meme, other than that I just read Kimberly's brilliant version of it, which somehow persuaded me that mine might be decent by association. My mistake.
On the other hand, if you are in need of a sleep aid, this might be just the thing.
60 Things You Likely Never Wanted To Know About Me
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Let's see. A booster seat. Possibly a few of those ubiquitous papers that the kids bring home from Sunday School, and also crumbs. I rarely venture to the outskirts of my Odyssey's third row seating, so if there's anything else back there, I probably don't want to know about it.
2. When was the last time you threw up?
Good golly, I don't transcribe these things on a calendar. A while ago.
3. What's your favorite curse word?
Dangit. Or dangfunnit. Do those count as curse words?
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
See, this does not qualify as a question. It is a something else, like maybe an imperative (though I could be making that up), and the question mark dangling there at the end is really bothering me. Nevertheless. Three people: Micah. Lauren. The Ununcle.
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Reading to Bee.
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Reading a novel in bed, deceiving myself that after just one more chapter, really, I'll close the book and sleep.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Agua. In a happy yellow cup.
12. What are you wearing right now?
Sweatshirt, lounge pants, ankle socks.
13. What was the last thing you ate?
Spaghetti with meat sauce and French bread.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Dude, it's February. Do you see any yard sales in the Midwest in February?
15. When was the last time you ran?
IDK. Last week on the treadmill, I guess.
16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
My son's Upward basketball game.
18. Who is the last person you emailed?
19. Ever go camping?
Yes. I LOVE camping, except for the high incidence of spiders and thunderstorms. Plus there was this one time we went camping in Cape May and had to evacuate the campground because a hurricane was approaching. That was particularly memorable.
20. Do you have a tan?
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Not unless it came that way.
25. What did your last IM say?
Well, I IM like, never. And as it's hard for me to recall yesterday's events, I highly doubt I can drum up any sort of recollection of a conversation from two years ago.
26. Are you someone's best friend?
Um, maybe my husband's. It takes me a while to reach that level of intimacy with anyone, and we move enough that I only best-friend someone right around the time we're about to move again.
27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Heading out at the crack of 7:35 to attend the last Upward games of the season. Calling my mum.
28. Where is your mom right now?
Oahu. Waiting for me to call her tomorrow.
29. Look to your left, what do you see?
Pair of couches. Basket of puzzles. Photo albums. Television. Loads of dust.
30. What color is your watch?
I haven't owned a watch for years but since you asked, there was this one time in ninth grade when I had a purple swatch.
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Jorth. Beer. People who say nifty phrases like "Holy Jooley."
32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Not presently. Ask me in fifteen years when I have lowered my standards.
33. What is your birthstone?
It's blue. Hold on, let me look it up. Blue Topaz.
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Drive through, especially if it's below forty degrees out.
35.How many kids do you want?
Two. Just kidding. Actually, while I am very done with the whole joy of pregnancy, I would love to adopt more children.
36. Do you have a dog?
37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Some lady who wanted to know how old our windows were. We didn't chat for long.
38. Have you met anyone famous?
Michael Jordan, in an airport. My brothers got his autograph. I was eight or ten or twelve and couldn't have cared less.
39. Any plans today?
Just me and a novel.
40. How many states have you lived in?
41. Ever go to college?
42. Where are you right now?
Living room. I do not remember how that translates in French.
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
44. Last song listened to?
Not That Different (Colin Raye)
46. Are you allergic to anything?
Aspirin, ibuprofen (technically it's a cross-reaction to my aspirin allergy, but whatever). Mold, dust, smoke, pollen, and basically everything in the air from April to October.
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Probably, but I'm repressing it.
50. Is anyone jealous of you?
The odds are slim indeed.
51. What time is it?
Well, that depends on where you live. Here it's 10:09 PM.
52. Do any of your friends have children?
Yep, though I also have a fair share of friends who do not.
53. Do you eat healthy?
Absolute: no. Relative: yes.
54. What do you usually do during the day?
Sew. Read. Cook. Scrub. Blog. Photograph. Edit. Take care of the kids, talk to the hubby, sometimes write a bit. Listen to the Bible on CD.
55. Do you hate anyone right now?
Not that I know of.
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
57.What are your feelings on chocolate?
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Thirty-two. I think.
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
No, but I have been to Cedar Point which, supposedly, is better. The thing is, I abhor waiting in lines, so I am just not ever going to be crazy about theme parks, as they amount to 13 minutes of riding on rides and 11.46 hours of waiting in lines.
60. How did you get one of your scars?
Just one? Well, my oldest known scar (right beneath my eye) is semi-invisible now; chicken pox was the culprit.
See, that wasn't so bad, was it? Well, okay, right. Goodnight then.
New rhythms, bigger people
9 hours ago