my bff deann snagged me with this smile meme:
quick! off the top of your head, what are the last five things that made you smile?
1. skating across the lawn to the mailbox on a thin crust of ice. 'twas quite the adventure in balance, let me tell you.
2. elle's request for a "toothstick" to dislodge a bit of spiderman gummy treats from her teeth.
3. cobbler made with mcintosh apples (this cultivar is the perfect melding of tart and sweet--kudos to john mcintosh and God for that one).
4. watching bee's ongoing engrossment with the game rush hour.
5. hearing the boys bemoan the canceling of school and church. methinks their tune will change in another 3-5 years.
also, my sewing pal rebekah tagged me with a fun photo meme.
i was supposed to open the sixth photo folder on my computer and post the sixth pic in that folder along with the story behind it. the thing is, i have folders within folders, and i also have multiple folders with non-photographic files (stuff like poster images for church functions, banners for my online shops/sites, etc). my sixth and seventh folders are both devoted to such graphics, so i had to go with the eighth folder...and then the sixth folder within that folder, and the sixth picture there. capiche? me neither, but here we go:
this is my littlest on a coldish day mid-may 2008, mastering the fine art of frisbee-tossing. this photo is one frame of the frisbee series:
timing that release is a tricky thing, but she nailed it in the end.
fun times! feel like doing either meme? if so, you're it. if not, yell OLLYOLLYOXENFREE at the top of your lungs and we'll call it good.
A Letter to my Littles
1 day ago