22 October 2008

unscheduled partial lobotomies

so about my unscheduled absence: we lost internet access for four days, thanks to a cut and frayed outdoor cable that was supposed to have been safely buried by the cable company oh, about two point five years ago. not that i'm complaining. they fixed me back up, so we are bff's again.

incidentally, losing internet is like functioning with only half a brain: suddenly the wealth of information normally available within a few clicks is now lost in the swirling ether. stuff like what's the shortest route to the airport, or what will the weather be like this weekend, or exactly how many children is angelina jolie planning on having--you know, the vital knowledge of daily survival. how on earth did our parents manage, i ask you. okay, right. they had a life.

speaking of parents, mine arrived here safely yesterday morning via the infamous combination red-eye flights from oahu to the midwest. it's good to have them close for these few weeks.

i shall likely be scarce for a while here, but i will be sure to pop in with the promised softie doll tutorial, um, soonish.

i hope you all are experiencing equally full and rich lives this week. :) toodles for now.

12 comments:

Deconstructing Jen said...

brilliant title. :D yes the loss of the internet does make one wonder what they should do with their life now, lol. have a grand time with your family. :D

Jenn said...

enjoy your time with them Nic!

Oh how I relate to the solitary confinement that is no internet! You are a brave woman :)

enjoy!
take a bow Jenn

Kimberly said...

Four days...you poor woman! I lost internet for one afternoon once and not being able to google things had me twitching by the end of the day. So sad.

~love said...

glad you're (sorta) back. =) how fun to have a few weeks with your parents. how are they okay with this ridiculous weather? okay, i guess it's not ridiculous for indiana in october....but, it still is to me.
enjoy yourselves!

Anonymous said...

Nic,

Enjoy the visit! I'll miss your incredibly clever posts, but am SO glad you'll have the folks close by for a bit.

~D

A Rubber Band Collection said...

That's lovely, having your parents there!! Please have the most wonderfullest time possible. And we shall excuse you from frequenting your blogspot. Your the best Nic! Gina

Geeta said...

You are so funny Nic:0
enjoy your parents!

jorth said...

Have fun with your folks. If I speak with Ange, and she's adopting AGAIN, I'll be sure to let you know ;-P

Rebekah said...

Absolutely. Although sometimes the internet comes in handy, right? When we were without for a week with the move, my daughter needed to do a little report for school, and since I didn't have time to go to the library (what with packing & unpacking & all) I realized how helpful this little plastic box has become to me.

I hope your time with your family is wonderful - it's a beautiful time of year for visits!

A Rubber Band Collection said...

That's lovely, having your parents there!! Please have the most wonderfullest time possible. And we shall excuse you from frequenting your blogspot. Your the best Nic! Gina

Anonymous said...

Nic,

Enjoy the visit! I'll miss your incredibly clever posts, but am SO glad you'll have the folks close by for a bit.

~D

Anonymous said...

She's perfect!

My favorite gift has to be my engagement ring. Caught me off guard and was perfect for me. I'll never forget how I felt when he opened the box ;)

gabyyteffy@yahoo.com