1. humidity is not my friend. i tried to be nice to it, but it plasters my hair to the back of my neck; slicks my floors; and makes breathing, as a whole, generally unpleasant. i know all y'all down south are muttering wimp under your breath, but i'll willingly embrace that label. i am a humidity wimp.
2. i am an awfully blessed person if my biggest complaint in sight is the current dew point.
3. i am kind of done with painting. the only thing is, the vbs set is right about at the three-fourths completed stage, so yeah. i am kind of not done with painting.
4. sweet tea is bringing on the summer sale.
a bunch of my etsy frocks and jewels are currently on sale, anywhere from 10-40 percent off, and because i cherish anyone who likes to hear me talk, i am offering all of my blog readers an additional 10% off the already reduced prices. when you make your purchase (but before you pay), just mention to me that you're a blog reader and i'll send you an adjusted invoice.
on second thought, would you like a sale code? let me give you a sale code. everything's so much more delightful with a sale code. okay, what shall it be...? here we go: HUMIDUS (which is latin for something about humidity, because apparently i am still complaining).
5. also on etsy: i added a few new dresses and a peasant top, and i even named them.
my theory here is that i got in the habit of popping out another kid every 2.3 years, but with the absence of a new baby (because elle is three now, eek!) i had to find something else to name.
so, left to right: anna, lia, and lucy.
they are all very pleased to make your acquaintance, but would be all kinds of delighted if you'd stop by and visit them at etsy. (and, you know, buy them and take them home.)
6. ooh, i have typed so long that the humidity/dew-point/barometric-pressure/whatever-else-is-involved has now morphed into a lovely downpour. i just love rain at night.
Ode to an Italian Market
44 minutes ago