13 June 2008

home again

we survived the trio of flights home, and have unpacked and are now settling into the rhythm of our daily summer routine.

in the meantime, i still have several posts' worth of photos to share with you all.

here are a few from last friday at emi's house. we've been friends since mililani baptist preschool days, which is clearly longer than anyone should have to put up with me.

all the kiddos:



em's beautiful daughter:



i had the felicitous opportunity to hang out on several occasions with the talented wendy of waterfalls n rainbows, and i have to tell you, she is the sweetest thing and has SUCH a gorgeous smile.

in case you're hankering for some back story (and, well, even if you're not): my bestest bud from high school, gina, is also good friends with wendy (they both teach ukelele at roy sakuma studios), which is how wendy and i met. wendy has an extensive background in designing, so gina showed her my stuff online and said, "wendy, you should do this." and wendy, who already had quite a lot on her plate, said, "are you crazy?"

little did she know just how unbalanced we are.

so gina got us in touch with each other, and we convinced wendy to come over to the crazy side, and i'll bet she's muttering under her breath about us both every time she's satin-stitching at 2am.

wendy, i feel like i've known you forever. i thoroughly enjoyed spending time with you, even though we never convinced our hubbies that karaoke in gina's sauna of a garage is actually a good idea. maybe next year. ;)

left to right: wendy, me, em, gina



gina's adorable niece (if she looks familiar, it's cause she's wendy's primary model)



and a few more...



thanks for a lovely lunch, em. i miss all you gals already.

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

How can a single post contain so many beautiful people?!

Glad you're home, and even more glad you had such a lovely time!

Stephanie said...

those are great pictures! It sounds like you had a great time :) Friends are the best.

Katarina said...

Oh, how time flies!!!Glad yo had wonderful vacation and captured those beautiful moments;)

Hot Flash MaMa said...

Glad you are back safely. It looks like you had a wonderful time, and that the kids made some new friends. Talk to ya soon.

Rebekah said...

Makes me want to get together with some of my close friends for a meal :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful vacation, and that you're back safely.

You asked about my sewing room pictures on my blog :) Selling your house forces you to keep things much nicer than you'd ever voluntarily agree to!

Amelia said...

Awe, fun story! I am sure she loves having a companion in her late night sewing adventures.

Great photos!! You are all stunning and the kids must take after because they are all gorgeous as well!

Kristen said...

OMG how wonderful! I am glad you are all home safely & that the visit filled your tank with some great memories ;)

waterfalls*n*rainbows said...

I Nicki!!!!!

That's about the nicest anyone has blogged about me...ever :)

I loved spending time with you and funny, I felt the same way about you.
Wish we had more time to talk :)

And yes, next time you're home..karaoke for sure!

I'm so grateful for all you've done to help me. You're such a beautiful person.

With much Love :)

Hot Flash MaMa said...

Glad you are back safely. It looks like you had a wonderful time, and that the kids made some new friends. Talk to ya soon.

waterfalls*n*rainbows said...

I Nicki!!!!!

That's about the nicest anyone has blogged about me...ever :)

I loved spending time with you and funny, I felt the same way about you.
Wish we had more time to talk :)

And yes, next time you're home..karaoke for sure!

I'm so grateful for all you've done to help me. You're such a beautiful person.

With much Love :)