09 May 2008

we love mud



Two weeks ago, I mentioned a friend who unexpectedly lost her husband. The boutique community on eBay has gathered around Michele (known as Mud) and her children through a benefit launch in their honor. All of the proceeds will be donated to Mud's family in an effort to ease their financial burden a little.

I'm thrilled with how many designers are taking part in the WELOVEMUD benefit launch--thrilled, but honestly not surprised. Mud is one of the most endearing people I know.

Please click here to learn more about the launch, or click here to go directly to the auction listings.

Seriously, folks, there's something for everyone and in all price ranges--casual tees and lounge sets; funky, euro boutique sets; jewelry for mum; hair bows and clippies; boots; doll furniture; even delectable desserts. Please consider bidding to show Mud a little love. :)

And now about my contribution...

I thought I'd give y'all an inside glimpse of our photography sessions. Usually I end up with a dozen shots like these, where Elle looks all poised and serene:





But the truth is that most of the time she is flapping her arms and performing mini jigs and sticking her fingers in her ears. She's a delight, but those photos don't quite embody the mood I'm aiming for.

So for everyone with active children who has emailed or ASQ'd me to ask how on earth I get Elle to stand still, the answer is: mostly I don't. The photos I show y'all in my listings are the five percent that didn't end up like this:






Be encouraged. Your kid is normal.

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the link, I'll pop over there. =)

And I'm relieved that my kids are normal - phew!

jen said...

Such a wonderful cause. :D And beautiful dress, too.

Your pictures are so funny. Ah, the days of taking 100 pictures to get 10 that would work even though I sometimes like the 90 left behind better than the 10 I used in the auction.

janae said...

My heart is aching for Michele and her family. I hope the love that everyone feels for her will strengthen her. She is such an amazing person. Your set is gorgeous, and so is Elle. I know Michele will appreciate your contribution.

PamperingBeki said...

Thank you for saying so, by my kid is not normal. *sigh*

I love your pictures though! and it's a gorgeous outfit. :)

Leah said...

It's nice to see the REAL life stuff too...cause girl...I thought I had the worst children. ;0 JK...what a cutie pie you have! So much fun...

Leah said...

It's nice to see the REAL life stuff too...cause girl...I thought I had the worst children. ;0 JK...what a cutie pie you have! So much fun...

stinkypeteandcompany said...

In the House of Stink, we are fond of saying, "Normal? Normal is overrated. Normal is a setting on the clothes dryer."
I love the set, flappy arms, silly faces and sweetness all.

Melissa said...

I'm headed over to the ebay auctions right now...
And I love the last pictures :) Good to know that my kids are right on course with other kids in the world :)

Jenn said...

I'm thrilled with the response to Mud's launch too!

I think I'd be worried if my kiddos DIDN'T flap and make crazy faces during every photo shoot :) Funny that the pictures that don't make it into the auction are usually the ones I have tacked up on my wall :)

Elle...sigh...what a sweetie!

take a bow Jenn

stinkypeteandcompany said...

In the House of Stink, we are fond of saying, "Normal? Normal is overrated. Normal is a setting on the clothes dryer."
I love the set, flappy arms, silly faces and sweetness all.

Melissa said...

I'm headed over to the ebay auctions right now...
And I love the last pictures :) Good to know that my kids are right on course with other kids in the world :)