1. it's official: i'm a control freak.
i mean, i knew this, but somehow i hoodwinked myself into thinking that during this whole aging process i was making great strides toward normalcy. all it takes, however, is facing a major undertaking (ie two week trip to hawaii for family of six) for the ocd in me to come sprinting back.
i had to be the one to pack everyone's everything (minus the hubby's stuff, although i did designate a maximum capacity of half a suitcase to his belongings--and i should add that he only took up about 2/3rds of his allotted space. this is why i married the man.) i also spent an unnatural amount of time packing the carry-ons, because if i'm going to have to read a book to my child 400 times with no legroom, it had best be a book i love. this meant yes to DUCK ON A BIKE and RUBY THE COPYCAT, and a resounding no to BUCK BUCK THE CHICKEN.
2. three flights is a really long time to get anywhere. we left home at 7 am EST wednesday and stumbled in to my parents' place at 4:30 am EST thursday.
3. in spite of number two, my children were impressively calm and non-whiney on the planes. elle was a walking (okay, sitting) advertisement for delta. every time she saw the logo and accompanying name, she'd say "D-E-L-T-A spells delta!" (note to the ununcle: i think she should earn a commission. or, you know, a lot of extra biscoff cookies.)
4. also entertaining? elle would rotate the button that allows your seat to (marginally) recline in order to "make the plane go higher and higher," although she later recanted this view and said instead that she was adjusting the speed. (fyi: clockwise=faster, counter-clockwise=slower. just in case your flight is running behind sometime.)
5. i didn't fully believe in jet lag until hitting the post-thirty years. turns out it's real.
6. i don't think i realize quite how much i've missed my family until i get to see them again. it's good to be back home.
SugarPea Designs July Sweet Sneaks Day 4
6 minutes ago