11 May 2008

relinquishing the throne (momentarily)

so it was the hubby's birthday this weekend. i was telling him last night that while it's nice that it's his happy day and all, i'm always a teensy bit grumpy because i secretly love the five months when i get to be older than he is. it feels like i'm winning.

and he told me that he's winning more for marrying an older woman, which prompted an argument reminiscent of the second grade playground about who's the bigger winner.

but in honor of his birthday, i will suppress my inner-winner and publicly post a list of arenas in which he is, hands down, the champion.

1. he wins at driving
2. he wins at singing
3. he wins at eyelash length
4. he totally wins at mario kart
5. he wins at public speaking/performance and general charming of a crowd
6. he wins at running
7. he wins at most sports, actually
8. he wins at tolerating household moodiness (mostly mine) with good-natured forbearance

and um, probably a bunch of other stuff too, but as it turns out i'm a rather poor loser and that eight-item list has just about sapped my benevolence. happy birthday, babe.

10 comments:

janae said...

I'm sure that in the men's world, marrying an older would would definately give him bragging rights. Your list is great. Hope he had a Happy Birthday.

Willow Tree said...

I loved this post:) Happy Birthday to your hubby!
Brooke

Stephanie said...

You're so gracious with your compliments! I'm sure he loves you for that :)

Melissa said...

You're better than I am... I'm not sure I would have even got 8 down :) Hope it was a wonderful birthday :)

Jenn said...

Sounds like you have a pretty fantastic hubby :) Hope he has a great day!

take a bow Jenn

Kimberly said...

Hee hee! Now that, is love!

~love said...

"babe"...that's our "word" for each other, too. i've found that most people's are "hon" or "honey."
i like babe. =)

happiest (belated) birthday to the husband of my very favorite blogger! =)

Randi said...

I think it is great to fight over who is the bigger winner! ;)

Happy day to your hubs!

Jenn said...

Sounds like you have a pretty fantastic hubby :) Hope he has a great day!

take a bow Jenn

Willow Tree said...

I loved this post:) Happy Birthday to your hubby!
Brooke