so it was the hubby's birthday this weekend. i was telling him last night that while it's nice that it's his happy day and all, i'm always a teensy bit grumpy because i secretly love the five months when i get to be older than he is. it feels like i'm winning.
and he told me that he's winning more for marrying an older woman, which prompted an argument reminiscent of the second grade playground about who's the bigger winner.
but in honor of his birthday, i will suppress my inner-winner and publicly post a list of arenas in which he is, hands down, the champion.
1. he wins at driving
2. he wins at singing
3. he wins at eyelash length
4. he totally wins at mario kart
5. he wins at public speaking/performance and general charming of a crowd
6. he wins at running
7. he wins at most sports, actually
8. he wins at tolerating household moodiness (mostly mine) with good-natured forbearance
and um, probably a bunch of other stuff too, but as it turns out i'm a rather poor loser and that eight-item list has just about sapped my benevolence. happy birthday, babe.
Advent Devotionals. Week 02. Peace. [Video]
11 minutes ago