02 May 2008

more on the books

April's booklist:

THE RESTAURANT AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE (Douglas Adams)
THE INVENTION OF HUGO CABRET (Brian Selznick)
SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT (Derek Landy)
ZEN AND THE ART OF FAKING IT (Jordan Sonnenblick)
TANGERINE (Edward Bloor)
ELSEWHERE (Gabrielle Zevin)
ACCIDENTAL LOVE (Gary Soto)
HOW I LIVE NOW (Meg Rosoff)
LIZZIE BIRGHT AND THE BUCKMINSTER BOY (Gary D Schmidt)
LOVE, STARGIRL (Jerry Spinelli)
THE ACTUAL REAL REALITY OF JENNIFER JAMES (Gillian Shields)
PRINCE CASPIAN (CS Lewis)

Faves this time 'round were SKULDUGGERY, HOW I LIVE NOW, and THE ACTUAL REAL REALITY. The first has this fabulous dry-wit banter (please overlook the skeleton on the cover; this is NOT horror by any stretch of the word). The second and third are both set in England, although HOW I LIVE NOW is a much more disturbing tale, while THE ACTUAL REAL REALITY has a much younger voice and a funny, light plot.

Enjoy! And if you've read something fantabulous lately, do drop me a note.

7 comments:

www.findtimefor tea.com said...

Can you please give me your secret? How in the world do you manage to read so many books and still take care of 4 kids? I only have 3 and I can't manage more than a few books a month! Very impressive!
Kimberly

Melissa said...

I don't know how you do it either! I do love Prince Caspian though... I'm debating on wether I will read it again before the movie. Usually that just makes the inconsistencies that much more annoying to me...

jen said...

Oh how I love your book lists. I've been reading the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. They are intriguing little books that read amazingly fast. They are a bit sci-fi but also really smart books. I haven't been able to put the down. (Though not in that Twilight obsessive way.)

I've also been reading 19 minutes. It's good but hitting a little close to home so I had to put it down for a bit - it's about a school shooting by Jodi Picoult.

And I've also been reading Dave Ramsey's Ultimate Money Makeover book. It's really entertaining and smart.

TaDa! Creations said...

I just have to tell you that I am super impressed that you are able to read that many books so fast. Unfortunately that's more than I have read in the past year! Yet again, you amaze me.

~Angel

Kristen said...

wow! blow me over - that is a lot of books my dear! I envy your dilligence...I need to read 2 books for book club next week!

TaDa! Creations said...

I just have to tell you that I am super impressed that you are able to read that many books so fast. Unfortunately that's more than I have read in the past year! Yet again, you amaze me.

~Angel

www.findtimefor tea.com said...

Can you please give me your secret? How in the world do you manage to read so many books and still take care of 4 kids? I only have 3 and I can't manage more than a few books a month! Very impressive!
Kimberly