The ever humorous, insightful, and insanely prolific blogger, Rob, tagged me with this compelling meme:
Five things I'd like my children to know before they grow up
1. The character and person of God. Know what makes him smile, what angers him, how intensely and completely in love with you he is.
2. People are valuable. I hope you ache when you see others suffering, and I hope you transform that ache into action that mends, provides, restores.
3. What define a person are not the things she has little control over: a propensity toward acne, a killer jump shot, a duplex in a trashy neighborhood. What define a person are her choices, what she makes of what's been given to her. Pick your friends accordingly.
4. Money is a tool. The minute you begin to regard it as anything more than that is the minute you begin to ruin your life.
5. Live deliberately. It's easy to live in a reactionary sort of way, scurrying about from crisis to crisis, but I suspect that at the end of a lifetime of this, you'll find yourself carrying the regret of having accomplished very little of lasting value.
5b. (Otherwise known as 6, but related to 5 enough that I'm not entirely cheating...) Live in the present. Learn from the past, certainly, and plan for the future, but don't let reminiscing or dreaming rob the people in your life today of you.
PS Want to do this meme? Consider yourself tagged, and please do stop by and leave me some linkage so I can read your answers. :)
Homemade Place Cards: Kid Project
3 hours ago