27 December 2007

What I Did on Christmas Vacation

by Nicole Owens



This past weekend was some serious fun. Any weekend with hubby's family is a bona fide riot, but this time the fun levels flew off the charts.

A few highlights (plus some inside jokes, sorry)

:: apples and caramel dip :: "give me the bird" :: memorable one-liners during scum :: birthday cake for Jesus :: the electric slide :: Seth's over-qualification as a supplier for Evian :: picking the peanuts out of peanut candy clusters :: MC Hammer :: sweating with Debbie Siebers :: "even after death, the language of sisters endures" ::

Mostly we listened/danced/sang to tunes from back in the day (bless you youTube and project playlist), and disturbed Mom Owens with how many lyrics-of-questionable-morality we knew by heart. This reminiscing will likely spawn a mini-series, so Be Prepared.



PS I was saddened to discover that I was the only one for whom this song evoked fond memories. Apparently everyone else in the household was a good little church kid and watched Saved By the Bell. I, on the other hand, was cool. ;)

14 comments:

kris said...

Those you call 'good little church kids' mom calls little rebels!

Kimberly said...

Umm...this is embarrassing, but...I totally watched Saved by the Bell, and I was forbidden to watch 90210.

I watched it at a friend's house half a dozen times and never told my parents though. Does that count?

So glad you had a lovely Christmas season!

Melissa said...

Um... so, I was one of those "good little church kids"... :) I liked Saved by the Bell... my parents weren't too keen on 90210
Looks like you had a really great time with your family!

~love said...

okay, it's official...you're TOTALLY in! ;)

i watched every season of 90210 from beginning to end. luke perry had to have been my 1st "real" crush. = )

fond memories, indeed.

Rob said...

I must admit....i LOVED 90210....and am apparently going straight to hell with you in a handbasket....

(..and now I must turn in my "man card".....again....(sigh)

janae said...

I never missed an episode of 90210! I lived for it "back in the day". I thought Brenda, Brandon, Dylan and all the others were my personal friends. I thought I was a pretty good kid, but maybe not ;). I can say that lots of my friends were out doing much worse things...and they are still paying for them. I'm glad you had such a great Christmas. You are so lucky you get along with hubby's family so well!

Tayasmama said...

Whateva, I had to watch saved by the bell, at the time 90210 was the BADDEST show on TV. How sad is that? LOL

MOMMY said...

the first notes got me grinng. i caught the band wagon during the second season and it was happily ever after. :)

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Ummm I still watch re-runs of BH 90210! lol LUKE PERRY!!!! ahhhhh

Linda

Kin said...

Haha...one of my favorite posts thus far! Ya know, it's probably a good thing I have no other brothers because their wife would have a lot to live up to! Who else would do the electric slide, belt out sweet tunes like 'The Right Stuff' & '2 Legit' with us? I must say, one of my favorite Owens Christmas' to date.

Kin said...

I just noticed the new edition to your page with the quotes from the infamous book....I love it!

Kin said...

I just noticed the new edition to your page with the quotes from the infamous book....I love it!

MOMMY said...

the first notes got me grinng. i caught the band wagon during the second season and it was happily ever after. :)

kris said...

Those you call 'good little church kids' mom calls little rebels!