07 December 2007

sight




Never mind the mess, the seven hundred thousand bits of tissue paper littered across floors and tables and chairs, looking quite a lot like snow. Never mind that.


Because I love crafting with my children; I'm perpetually fascinated to find what their fingers will shape, these people who are from me, so much like me, and yet wholly apart. I remind myself that one of the most pleasurable sounds is their laughter as they stretch on tiptoe and drop their tissue paper snowflakes from the back of the couch, delighting in the tipsy, fluttering fall.





I'm immersed in beauty, if only I'd choose the clarity to see.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Such a beautiful sight, and such beautiful thoughts to go along with.

Erin said...

Wow those are really good paper snowflakes! Mine never come out that good!

couture*4*my*cutie said...

What a fun craft! I know what you mean about your kids being so much like you, yet they have their own individual personalities. I also love to do art with my kids, although I am not as creative as you, but I just love to watch what they can come up with :)

~Michelle

emily said...

so pretty! we actually did our whole tree in snowflakes and paper chains this year because all of our Christmas decorations are 600 miles away . . . and I think it might be the most beautiful tree ever! my 4 yr old has had so much fun . . . and is still making snowflakes and of course a HUGE mess!

Melissa said...

Wonderful! Maybe we should do some snowflakes for our windows this year... you've inspired me! :)

janae said...

These are the most gorgeous snowflakes. I really admire you taking the time to enjoy the season. Some of us are rushing around and forgetting the important things in life.

Shinebeads said...

Those are gorgeous!

modkidboutique said...

Awwww... beautiful! I gotta try that with my girls.

Erin said...

Wow those are really good paper snowflakes! Mine never come out that good!