04 October 2007

impending psychosis

A certain little someone is celebrating her third birthday this Sunday.





A certain big someone still hasn't finished her present. That'd be me.

I've been wanting to make something for Elle, and seeing as how I'm short on money and long on fabric, I thought this would be the perfect occasion.

Contrary to my normal habit, I really haven't been procrastinating. I just wanted to complete all of my customers' orders first, before beginning a personal project. And I shipped the last set off this morninghallelujah, so here we are. T minus 3 days and counting.

Yikes.

The birthday-project plans are, in descending order:

Plan A. Make a twin-sized quilt. (I've sorted through fabric, ironed, and am now in the process of cutting random-sized strips for the top.)(How long could it take, really?)(Right.)

Plan B. Make a lap quilt.

C. Sew her a top and/or a dress and/or a purse.

Z. Zip over to Target and buy the first Dora-emblazoned item in sight.


So. We shall see how it goes. And if you find that I'm scarce these next few days, please aim a few Godspeed-your-quilting thoughts in my general direction. Grazie and see you on the other side.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I tried to send a response and got an error message... let's try that again!
I have made a quilt in just under 48 hours. Pieced, tied and bound! It was insane, but it can be done! Good luck!

Shelby said...

Hi.. found your blog from Katy at countryblossom... anyway, love the picture of your daughter and wanted to say that my son celebrates his 2nd birthday on Sunday too! October babies are the best! Hope you have fun celebrating!!

Amelia said...

Oh my gosh...suddenly I feel like the biggest slacker EVER! One quilt would take me a week I swear.
I hope you share pictures when everything is finished!

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Amelia

Tonya said...

you have a lot of energy right now...

I am sure you will pull it off...whatever yiu end up with will make her a happy girl!

Happy birthday *elle*

Katy said...

Happy Birthday to your lil girl!~ I think your plans are awesome...I have never quilted...and I think it is great you are going to try and get that done! Good luck with it all! :)

Kimberly said...

I didn't read this in time, so my thoughts and prayers are a little belated. Hope it went well!

Shelby said...

Hi.. found your blog from Katy at countryblossom... anyway, love the picture of your daughter and wanted to say that my son celebrates his 2nd birthday on Sunday too! October babies are the best! Hope you have fun celebrating!!