1. Sunday I had the best cheese of my life. Fresca something. Hold on, let me google it. Ah, here we are. Queso fresco, which I think just means fresh cheese. It was wet and crumbly, which sounds el disgusto, but these are apparently good things in a cheese.
2. Also on Sunday, I cut Elle's hair. Every time I turn around, these kids need a haircut. Anyhoo, I lopped off about 4-5 inches, and I'd have to say the hubby is taking it quite well this time. His two main comments were fairly neutral: "Wow, you cut a lot off." And "Hmmmn, she looks...different."
3. Awhile back, I overheard a second-hand account of a conversation that troubled me. Conversers: two single people, late twenties, early thirties. The guy says to the girl, "The thing that freaks me out about marriage is that ten years down the line, she could go crazy. Just completely lose it. And we'd have kids together and everything."
And I'm hearing this, thinking, Thank goodness that fellow isn't married.
Actually, no. My first thought was: Because it is all about you. (It helps if you read that with the most condescending tone musterable.)
Followed by my second thought: If you think you're going to find a female who won't be affected by depression/anxiety at some point in her life, you're the delusional one.
But my third thought was the one with the words fellow and thank goodness.
I suppose I was bound to take this personally as I've had my fair share of the crazies. But still, he could have said this instead:
"So sometimes I think about marriage and how you never can guarantee what will happen. She could have a crisis, a total breakdown. But that's why I want to marry her; so she'll never have to face something like that alone."
4. I really like pico de gallo. And chocolate tea, although probably not at the same time.
5. The first trees are succumbing to fall's beguiling blush:
6. Every morning Em asks if we can take a break from preschool. And every morning I say, "Um sorry, but no." Five is a little young for senioritis, but this kid's got it bad.
7. Hubby took the younger two for donuts this morning, which yielded a small space of quiet for me. Then he returned with this:
which is how I knew it was going to be a very good day indeed.
Her Own Friends
15 hours ago