25 August 2007

diet shmiet

This recipe has revolutionized my cookie standards.

SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(from Martha Stewart Living)
Makes about 2 dozen

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sour cream
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with sour cream, and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.

2. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment, spacing about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly. Bake until centers are set and cookies are pale golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.




Seriously the best cookie I've experienced, and I do not exaggerate. (Alright, so I do exaggerate on a regular basis, but I meant right now. In this particular instance, I don't even need to exaggerate, because the truth is that impressive.)

I never thought it possible, but this recipe has engendered a personal fondness of Martha. If I start slipcovering all my furniture and potting moss in bronze Asian vessels, please come take me away.

11 comments:

~love said...

i forbid the slipcovering and moss potting....i WILL take you away.

Melissa said...

They look scrumptious!! And yeah, if you start insisting on people calling you "Martha" we'll stage an intervention :)

Seeker said...

I'll have to try these...they look totally, amazing, mindblowingly, phenomenally, ecstaticly, universally wonderful. Not to exxagerate or anything...

Kimberly said...

Oh dear.

I thought you loved me.

~love said...

i came back to print off this recipe....and failed to hit "copy selection" when i went to print.

therefore, i have a (very nice) 7 page copy of your life for the last couple weeks. =)

i'd be happy to mail it to you, rather than throw your life in my trash can. = )

send me a message if you'd like it...
lovepalm21@hotmail.com

*off to try that again...minus 6 pages!*

de_scribes said...

Sour cream? Oh, man. Those have to be good. I'm AFRAID to cook them.

And I love that photo of you! I've been picturing you with shorter hair, but that beautiful face is just what I imagined. :)

Amelia said...

The picture alone is making me weak in the knees for some cookies!

Amelia

Tayasmama said...

No noooooo no recipe!!! no! Bad girl, I just got me an appropriate sized exersized ball and I'll be darned if your going to entice me with these fantasmicating morsels!!!!

PamperingBeki said...

Oh those do look divine. I have to say I'm a little concerned about it only making 2 dozen though, because that's just my portion! What will the rest of my family eat?

Kimberly said...

Oh dear.

I thought you loved me.

Amelia said...

The picture alone is making me weak in the knees for some cookies!

Amelia