27 July 2007

quotables

So I'm figuring that anyone who'd be royally ticked off by a Harry Potter Hallows spoiler has already read, at bare minimum, the first five chapters. Maybe twice, even.

I'm considering them fair game. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from chapters 1-5. Enjoy.


[Dedalus Diggle] tripped forward and wrung Harry's hand with both of his own.

"--good luck. I hope we meet again. The hopes of the Wizarding world rest upon your shoulders."

"Oh," said Harry, "right. Thanks."
(JKR, Hallows, p 41)




Harry's heart seemed to expand and glow at the sight: He felt incredibly fond of all of them, even Mundungus, whom he had tried to strangle the last time they had met.
(JKR, Hallows, p 46)




Following a draught of polyjuice:

"I'm George," said the twin at whom Moody was pointing. "Can't you even tell us apart when we're Harry?"
(JKR, Hallows, p 52)




"Pathetic," [Fred] told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey?"
(JKR, Hallows, p 75)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVED the comments between Fred and George when he lost his ear... that was so awesome :D

Sarah said...

I'm getting excited about the continuation of the Harry and Ginny thing! (I also will confess that I stopped the car by the side of the road and read the very last bit of the book before I got home from the shops!) Oh, and very glad to have Hedwig the beanie owl to remember Hedwig by...

Sarah
www.the-cooper-family.blogspot.com