23 July 2007

personal weirdness and whatnot

1. I am losing hair at an alarming rate. Like we're talking hundreds of hairs a day. I couldn't possibly be growing them back that quickly, could I? So I may very well be bald by next week Friday. If you spot me in a fedora, you'll know why.

2. I've recently arrived at the conclusion that I require a lot of sleep. If I'm not in bed by 10, it honestly doesn't matter what time I get up the next morning--6 am, 9:30, I sleepwalk through the entire day.

I think I'm turning into my uncle, who survives on steamed broccoli, EVOO, and reruns of Rachael Ray, and hits the sack each night at nine. And who has no means of retribution to this post since he has yet to navigate the "leave a comment" feature.

On second thought, he might disinherit me. Or worse: he might deliberately read the Harry Potter book really slowly. I take it all back.

3. Speaking of my favorite teenage wizard, I am swimming around in melancholy as I come to terms with this being the end of the series. No more grand adventures. No more sneaking through Hogwarts at night, no more of Peeve's rhyming inanity, no more sharp retorts from Hermione. What ever shall I do?

Besides get a life, I mean. What else ever shall I do?

4. Still speaking of Mr. Potter, I am dying a slow and excruciating death because everyone I know insists on reading the book in the most exasperatingly rational way, which is to say, just a few chapters a day. Could you not just stop working, eating, and sleeping? Priorities, people. I'm hankering for a good debriefing discussion.

5. I really like this picture. It's just so green it makes me happy.



PS Last call for haikus! I'll pop all your names into a hat (or a sock or a coffee cup, whatever's handy) and draw out a winner tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Swede at Heart said...

I think you are my long lost twin, except for the part about broccoli! ROFL
Ann

Bowznstuff said...

chapter by chapter? No sirreee nothing for it but to read like a woman possessed, ignore all attempts to drag you from your book, perform only tasks which can do WHILST reading until is is read. Good luck with the broccoli :)

Melissa said...

I am done with the book!!! Talk to me girl! And I'm like you with the sleep... if I don't get enough... I'm a bear!
As for the hair thing... I go through times when I do the same thing. My hair will just come out in these huge handfulls! But then it stops... and then I just pull out small handfulls. That doesn't really help, does it? Sorry...

modkidboutique said...

I'm with you on the rapid hair loss... what's up with that anyway? but not on the sleep thing. I don't usually go to bed until 1 or 2 am and I'm up by 7 (I'd rather sleep in until 9 or 10, but Sydney gets me up like clockwork every morning...oh well!) I've survived like this for years. :)

patty

PS... my hair has been falling out in HUGE hand fulls for about 5 years (since right after Sophia was born) but somehow I am not bald yet, so it must be growing back at the same rate. As a matter of fact, it is still VERY full, so I just don't know how (or why) it happens. LOL! -- there's still hope! ;)

Swede at Heart said...

I think you are my long lost twin, except for the part about broccoli! ROFL
Ann