1. I am losing hair at an alarming rate. Like we're talking hundreds of hairs a day. I couldn't possibly be growing them back that quickly, could I? So I may very well be bald by next week Friday. If you spot me in a fedora, you'll know why.
2. I've recently arrived at the conclusion that I require a lot of sleep. If I'm not in bed by 10, it honestly doesn't matter what time I get up the next morning--6 am, 9:30, I sleepwalk through the entire day.
I think I'm turning into my uncle, who survives on steamed broccoli, EVOO, and reruns of Rachael Ray, and hits the sack each night at nine. And who has no means of retribution to this post since he has yet to navigate the "leave a comment" feature.
On second thought, he might disinherit me. Or worse: he might deliberately read the Harry Potter book really slowly. I take it all back.
3. Speaking of my favorite teenage wizard, I am swimming around in melancholy as I come to terms with this being the end of the series. No more grand adventures. No more sneaking through Hogwarts at night, no more of Peeve's rhyming inanity, no more sharp retorts from Hermione. What ever shall I do?
Besides get a life, I mean. What else ever shall I do?
4. Still speaking of Mr. Potter, I am dying a slow and excruciating death because everyone I know insists on reading the book in the most exasperatingly rational way, which is to say, just a few chapters a day. Could you not just stop working, eating, and sleeping? Priorities, people. I'm hankering for a good debriefing discussion.
5. I really like this picture. It's just so green it makes me happy.
PS Last call for haikus! I'll pop all your names into a hat (or a sock or a coffee cup, whatever's handy) and draw out a winner tomorrow morning.