15 July 2007

my daughter, the genius

This is my little gal, drawing a series of L's for the first letter of her name. We've never deliberately taught her to do this, but she knows L is "hers" and is overjoyed that she can replicate it. (Note: if your kid could recite the periodic table or some such similar nonsense at age 2, don't tell me about it or we really can't be friends.)




And as you can also see, she is sporting big-girl undies. They're super cute, even if they are two sizes too big and result in the occasional plumber look.

My, but they grow up fast.

8 comments:

Tayasmama said...

Yay for big girl undies!!!

That's smart with the L! Taya thinks she can spell her name and says " T-Y taya!!!" close enough she only forgets one letter....twice ;)

Denny said...

I have been telling you for 2 years and some months (Elle's age) that she is a genius. I swear I am not the least bit prejudiced (would you ask Elle if I spelled that correctly?), even though I am one of her grandpas.

Kimberly said...

Oooo...we can be -great- friends, because my 3 year old is nowhere near big girl panties, and hasn't drawn a single letter yet. =)

Monkey Giggles said...

I found you by way of the vintage pearl... i think... I really like your blog. Will be back again.

Melissa said...

Yeah for big girl panties! :) Such a fun time for you... cleaning up messes, asking her if she has to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes... ;)
And that's awesome that she can write the "L"!

Nic said...

Thanks, everyone. :)

Melissa--oh nooooo, we are not adventurous like that. :) We wait until our kiddos are dry folk before going with the undies. But she does wear a pull-up to bed, just in case. :)

Tonya said...

This post is sooooo adorable...my girls aren't the only ones hanging out in there lil undies!

I can't say it enough...she is sooo beautiful! Love the red easel.

great photos as always...

Bowznstuff said...

ooo too cute - big clap for the big girl undies and also on the child genius front of course Hettie has been able to recite the periodic table backwards since 18mths BBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA