18 July 2007

Chaos theory at work

My house is begging to be cleaned. Don't get me wrong, I mop, scrub, sweep, and disinfect the place like crazy...but still, with six people living here, it seems that everything gets displaced or rearranged faster than you can say "Merry Maids." And when I'm finding Legos in the Tupperware cabinet, or one measly race car (of two thousand) in its designated box, I am not a happy mom.

Odd, isn't it, that I'm the only resident bothered by this? I would like to smile and wave at the clutter as I walk by, really I would. But it gets under my skin and messes with my sanity. Oy.

So once again, it's time to purge, clean, and reorganize. Every basket on every shelf in every closet of every room.

Hmmmn.

Guess I'll see y'all next summer.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh man, I feel your pain! There are days where I just can't look at another toy or step on another letter magnet, which of course always sends me flying across the kitchen floor :0)
I just keep telling myself that they won't be playing with toys forever, and that before I know it, they'll be on the phone with their friends giving me the "i'm too cool to be bothered with you" look.
Hang in there--there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Michelle :0)

P.S. purge when they're not home--you can get rid of SO much more stuff ;0)

Melissa said...

I have a friend in Oregon who helps people organize their homes... I so wish we still lived there! I'm hoping to get a few things organized this weekend. The problem: IT'S TOO HOT!! Everything feels like it's melting... especially me! And work of any kind just sounds like torture....

hotflashmama said...

I hate to tell you, but even with just two of us at home---we can still be messy. Okay so, maybe it's just me that can just be messy.

I remember when I was a younger mom. I had a mental list of people who I wanted to have over to my house a SECOND time, so they could come when it was clean---uh-h never happened. Oh well, hopefully they still love me.

I am with michelle though--- clean when they are gone. I am sure your (ahem) wonderful hubby would be glad to take them all someplace. I remember often cleaning one of our children's room whenever she was gone for a few days. I won't say who it was (k2), but we sometimes threw away a couple of garbage bags full of things, and she never even knew things were gone. It is amazing that the same child pitches SO much now. Now if I could just get her to have her own garage sale when she is purging, rather than sending them to her mom to sell. :-)

Kimberly said...

If you scrub mine, I'll tidy yours. =P

Tonya said...

My house is in the same state...and my brain too! I've got a load of wet laundry in the washer (been waiting about 12 hours to be dried :) a sink full of dishes...house full of toys...and 3 happy little girls!

Wish the balancing act was a little easier sometimes, but in the end, it always gets done!

Love the way you translate thoughts into your blogs...so fun to read!

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Can you come here next??

Linda