Five minutes to yourself: how would you spend them, ideally?
Hmmmn. Not enough time for a nap. Not long enough to get into a novel. Probably lying in the back yard under an oak tree and a bunch of bright sky.
Oh, ideally. Right, ideally. Okay, lying in a cabana, eating truffles and having my feet massaged under a bunch of bright South Pacific sky. There we go.
Five bucks to spend right now; how would you spend it?
I'd buy a kite, except I don't suppose it would be very decent for five bucks. So maybe lots and lots of bubbles. Or perhaps a single issue of this magazine, you know, to flip through during my truffles and foot massage.
Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you hadn't thought of already?
1. A couch. Maybe two. We've inherited couches from several generous souls, and I like them just fine, but there's only one I ever use. I'm a sit-on-the-floor girl, myself.
2. The red wooden easel that nobody uses. Actually, my kids would use this again if I'd draw on it with them. Note to self here.
3. Leftover Easter candy. All the good stuff was gone by April 10th.
4. Okay, I'm running out of things. Honestly, we could live just fine without 98% of the stuff in our house...in fact, we could live just fine without the house itself...so none of it strikes me as particularly more expendable than the rest. We use most of what's here, but we don't need any of it.
5. There is no 5. Go back and read 4 if you're confused.
Five items you absolutely, positively could never part with in your house?
Technically speaking, I could part with all of it. I don't want to part with any of the other five members of my family; it's hard to imagine surviving that kind of loss. I think I would survive, though, simply because I'd take a breath, and then another, and then another. And all the while I'd be thinking how surprising it is to be able to breathe in a world where they no longer reside.
Five words you love?
Snarky. Superfluous. Belly. Delicioso. Poinky.
Five people I tag:
We all know that I'm morally opposed to tag, so hey, if you want to do this, go for it. If not, don't go for it. :) Because I'm so equal-opportunity like that.
A New Venture
4 hours ago