27 March 2007

harbinger of warmer days

Last week's steady waves of rain have tinted the earth green, pushed us headlong into the fullness of spring.

The late March air gathers warmth, stirs up budding, winging, greening things. New life creeps and sprouts: emerging softly, soon to barrel into glorious summer.



Every spring I am reminded that, ah yes, I do love this place. The muddy browns and greys (my apologies for the lack of patriotism, but I prefer the English "grey" to the American "gray") recede at the last long breath of winter, and my yard transforms to this:





Warmth and beauty. Right around the corner.

7 comments:

Denny said...

Yeah for spring. For flowers, warmer weather, golfing, fishing and the ability to be outdoors without being bundled up.

Kimberly said...

Wow...what a beautiful oasis of springtime you have right outside your door!

Angie said...

Wow -- it looks very green! :) I was just noticing last week how green our grass was looking too. Eric noticed it too when he begrudgingly said, "Guess I'm going to have to mow soon." LOL

CreativeOutletDesigns said...

Beautiful yard!!!!! Just love it !

Scrapping Servant said...

Oh my goodness! That is so wonderful... I long for a nice yard I don't mind my kids going out into. We almost never go out because I hate it out there *sigh*

Thank you for sharing.

Scrapping Servant said...

Oh my goodness! That is so wonderful... I long for a nice yard I don't mind my kids going out into. We almost never go out because I hate it out there *sigh*

Thank you for sharing.

CreativeOutletDesigns said...

Beautiful yard!!!!! Just love it !