I know. It's winter, and the motivation has bled out of my brain. I think it has to do with the lack of sunlight...a mild version of Seasonal Affective Disorder, perhaps.
Whatever the excuse, please forgive my lack of posts. Forgiven? Okay. So.
Six things. Here we go.
Except that before we go, can I please say how difficult this was? Indeed. Finding six things au sujet de moi that are engrossing yet won't freak you out in the thumb-sucking, fetal-position kind of way. Six is a lot. But anyway.
Six things you never knew about me:
1. I have a borderline-obsessive love for all things Harry Potter.
I did not mean to have it, it just happened to me. I tend to sneer at bandwagons and all who jump on them, so you can imagine the particular brand of delight at finding myself bumping along on one, swallowed by a huddle of pimpled faces who say things like, "Isn't Harry like, so totally brilliant? And cute?"
Somebody knock me out till book seven arrives.
2. My brain-vocabulary is much larger than my mouth-vocabulary. This is because books (oh lovely books!) have quadrillions of words that I have never heard someone actually say out loud. So when I want to use one in a conversation, I freeze in fear of mispronunciation.
The solution, of course, you are thinking at me, is to look them up in a dictionary when you read them. Which might be viable IF the book I was reading were dull enough that I could put it down long enough to bother the dictionary. And we all know that books like that do not last two paragraphs with me.
Which brings me to numero tres:
3. I am a self-admitted book snob. Which you already knew, except, (aha!) you did not know I was admitting it. Right out here in the open. For all to see. All three of you who read my blog. (Don't tell anyone, okay?)
4. When I was nine, next-door-Stacey and I climbed our front yard trees and made salads from baby leaves and red petals. I loved how those leaves were still curled in such a pale, new green. We arranged them in plastic containers and stuck them in Stacey's fridge, much (I'm certain) to her mother's delight. Yum.
5. I have a check written to me for a million dollars that I will never cash.
6. The first music video I was privy to featured the boy-band Menudo. I'm fairly sure my sense of personal coolness has never spiked higher.
And now for the tagging. Hmmm. I'll tag De and anyone else who wants to do this. Oh, and if you're remotely related to me and haven't blogged in the last two weeks, consider yourself very tagged.
Little Kids' Vacation 2014, Pt. 1
1 day ago