21 January 2007

Brought to you by the letter B

I've never been an avid basketball fan, but Kindergarten ball qualifies as a sport of its own. It's impossible to not have a merry time watching those little people negotiate the court.

Yesterday my Zee scored on a fast break. There was no dribbling involved, but he was paying attention, involved in the play, and headed in the right direction...and he made the basket on top of all that. Why bother with trivialities like dribbling?



On another note, it's my pa's birthday. I was thinking about how to sum him up in a few words, share him with all of you--and well, I can't do him justice. But I will say that he's got this heart so big, I honestly don't know how it fits inside him. I love you, Dad.

1 comment:

Denny said...

I have to admit that it was difficult to read that you are not an avid basketball fan. But my heart palpitations have now subsided. I agree that the young kids playing BB is an entirely different sport. Can't wait come and see Zee play his version of BB. I need to go lay down for a little while now.