21 December 2006

Happy pseudo-birthday to me

The big 3-0.

Although really, we were discussing last night that I get to be 29 till tonight at 9-something (sorry, forgot the details already, Mom). Except that that's 9-something Hawaii time. 2-AM-ish here time.

Which means, technically my here-birthday isn't till the 22nd. I have a whole nother day to be 29! Hurrah!

:)

Okay, here's the truth, and I'm sorry to spoil the plans of all you devilish well-wishers: I'm actually quite happy to be reaching 30.

I've been younger than just about everybody in my life all my life, and so by the time I reach a particular age, I'm like, Finally! Maybe they'll take me seriously now. Except for usually they don't.

Oh well.

Happy day-we-celebrate-my-birthday to me!

4 comments:

Kin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Rob said...

Happy Birthday, Nic!! And, really, 30 isn't too bad.....it's watching your kids get older than makes me feel old... Hope you have a great day!

kris said...

You are officially part of the 30 club! I am an honorary member, you can give me pointers! Happy Birthday!

Rob said...

Happy Birthday, Nic!! And, really, 30 isn't too bad.....it's watching your kids get older than makes me feel old... Hope you have a great day!